When they talk about weight loss surgery, the first thing that comes to mind for most of us is high accuracy of operations in Germany or low costs in India. But what if there is a place where you can get both? We have found such a place and advice you to focus attention on weight loss surgery in the UAE, particularly in Dubai.
Read our article and learn how to get weight loss surgery in Dubai quickly and cheap, but more importantly, where to do it best.
Click and find out:
- Leading weight loss center in Dubai
- Bariatric programs and what they involve
- Prices comparison by cities.
Compelling points of bariatric surgery in Dubai
- Over 300,000 international patients visit the UAE for treatments each year. 170,000 of them choose medical services in Dubai according to the International Medical Travel Journal (IMTJ). This number is expected to reach 500,000 people per year by 2020.
- Amount of medical visitors in Dubai grows by 18% each year.
- Most of the patients are Asians — 33%, Europeans — 27%, people from Arab/Gulf countries — 23%, and Africans — 17%.
- Weight loss surgery is one of the most common procedures performed in Dubai.
- The prices in this emirate are 2 times lower than in the USA, UK, and Western European countries (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, etc.).
4 reasons why international patients choose weight loss treatment in Dubai
The United Arab Emirates has entered the medical tourism market while ago, and Dubai has become the capital of healthcare in the country. There are four reasons why thousands of patients prefer this city for weight loss surgery in contrast to other global cities.
Highly-skilled bariatric surgeons
4,750 bariatric doctors perform weight loss surgery in Dubai. They undergo national and international training to be aware of the latest developments in this field. Doctors and junior medical staff practice not only in their native country but also far away from its borders. They cooperate with their international colleagues and interchange new approaches for weight loss surgery.
Dubai doctors apply state-of-the-art equipment to reach high accuracy of the surgery and avoid unfavorable complications. Specialists for weight loss in Dubai conduct in-depth examinations and make an accurate diagnosis.
Affordable prices for weight loss in Dubai
We should note that bariatric surgery in Dubai is not cheap. Some cities provide lower prices for such procedures due to the average price policy within the country.
However, despite the high living wage and local citizens' income, weight loss treatment in Dubai is quite affordable. The UAE Ministry of Health monitors and regulates the cost of healthcare and does not allow price increase in each weight loss clinic in this city.
The cost of weight loss treatment in Dubai is 2-3 times lower than in European metropolises and can compete with India and Thailand. Moreover, medical facilities here provide patients with special packages that cut down expenses and save time. Due to the UAE government control, the cost of weight loss in this city is the same for local and international citizens.
Medical facilities provide procedures for weight loss in Dubai according to international standards of healthcare to achieve high results and avoid unfavorable complications. Many global organizations confirm excellent services in Dubai weight loss clinics. Among them is JCI (Joint Commission International) — an authoritative organization that promotes the high quality of care in medical facilities worldwide.
The exceptional comfort during the accommodation also attracts international patients. Hospital wards look like luxury hotel rooms that make weight loss clinics in Dubai comfortable and helps patients to acquire maximum pleasure from the weight loss tour.
The UAE Ministry of Health controls each weight loss clinic in Dubai and monitors compliance with medical standards. According to the Bookimed Patients' Awards, Zulekha Hospital Dubai is the leading one in this city due to highly qualitative services and latest equipment. The hospital has JCI (Joint Commission International) certificate and Dubai Quality Award, the authoritative international and local quality warrantors.
The unique scenery of the city
Dubai is a city that looked like a modest Bedouin settlement half a century ago. And now it is the wealthiest city in the Middle East where people can realize their most courageous and sometimes crazy ideas. For example, construction of the world's tallest skyscraper, creation of artificial islands gallery, and other "wonders of the world" that are far ahead of their time.
We doubt that there is at least one person in the world who would not like to visit Dubai — a magnificent port city, the world's capital of greatness, luxury, and immense beauty. You can get weight loss treatment in Dubai and make your long-standing dream come true.
Get a consultation on weight loss in Dubai
Top 1 weight loss clinic in Dubai
Zulekha Hospital Dubai
Zulekha Dubai works on the premises of the same-name healthcare group, one of the most authoritative in the United Arab Emirates. Zulekha is recognized as the leading weight loss clinic in Dubai according to the European Council Accreditation.
Medical visitors from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose Zulekha as the best weight loss center in Dubai.
Zulekha is popular with international patients for high-quality medical services. The clinic has the Dubai Quality Award from Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the vice-president of Emirates.
Diabetes type 2
Zulekha Hospital Dubai is a private multidisciplinary medical facility that is a part of Zulekha Healthcare Group. The Hospital specializes in cardiology and heart surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, and childbirth.
JCI certificate and Dubai Quality Award prove the high quality of medical services of the Hospital.
International patients from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose this Clinic.
How much is weight loss surgery in Dubai?
Weight loss clinics in Dubai offer attractive prices for international patients — the cost of the surgery is 2-3 times lower than in other metropolises like New York, Barcelona, or Tel Aviv.
A lot of medical facilities provide special programs that include all necessary procedures and help to reduce expenses significantly. The price for the weight loss program in Dubai is starting from $6,800 without insurance.
Weight loss programs in Dubai — $6,850
A lot of local clinics provide special packages that help international patients save money and time. Usually, programs for fat reduction in Dubai involve the most necessary services.
For example, Zulekha Hospital Dubai offers a weight loss program that includes:
- surgery itself
- 2 consultations with a bariatric doctor
- in-hospital stay — 2 days
- anesthesia charges
- surgeon’s fee
- consultation with a dietician — 1
- consultation with a pulmonologist — 1
- post-discharge consultation with a surgeon — 1
- post-discharge consultation with a dietician — 1
- lab tests and screenings as complete blood count, coagulation profile, urea and creatinine serum, electrocardiogram (ECG), urine routine, reactive test, x-ray chest, PFT, barium study.
Get a weight loss program in Dubai
What does the Zulekha weight loss program in Dubai exclude?
The Zulekha weight loss program in Dubai does not cover:
- medications and blood products (if required)
- any special equipment
- in-hospital stay for over 2 days
- consultations with other specialists
- additional lab tests and screenings
- other procedures in case of complications.
Weight loss surgery cost in Dubai vs other cities worldwide
Gastric sleeve (also known as sleeve gastrectomy) is the most frequently performed procedure among all weight loss surgeries. 60% of people who undergo a bariatric operation choose sleeve gastrectomy according to the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) data. And Dubai is not an exception.
That's why we represent prices for the gastric sleeve as the most common method of weight loss in Dubai.
The costs in the table are approximate and may change according to the currency exchange rate and price policy in a particular city and clinic.
Methods of weight loss surgery in Dubai
Gastric sleeve — a surgical procedure when part of the stomach (60–80% of the organ volume) is removed. As a result, a patient can eat a significantly smaller amount of food in one sitting.
- Duration — 1–2 hours
- Nights in the hospital — 2-3
- Required vacation — 2 weeks
- Expected weight loss — 60-70% of excess weight
- Pros — significant weight loss; no problems with the absorption of vitamins
- Cons — possible difficulties with eating, risk of leaking
- Reversibility — no.
Stomach bypass — a surgery when a small part of the stomach is separated with a unique stapler or vertical bandage to limit the amount of absorbed food.
- Duration — 1-3 hours
- Nights in the hospital — 2-3
- Required vacation — 2 weeks
- Expected weight loss — 70-80% of excess fat
- Pros — the most considerable weight loss in comparison with other procedures, diabetes regulation
- Cons — possible lack of vitamins absorption (D, B12, etc.), may cause dumping syndrome (sharp weakness, sweating, tachycardia, nausea, less vomiting, diarrhea that occur 10-15 minutes after eating)
- Reversibility — yes.
Book a weight loss clinic in Dubai
Summary of weight loss in Dubai
- Dubai accepts 170,000 medical tourists, and this number increases by 18% each year.
- This city is a strong competitor in pricing for the greatest megapolises as New York, Seoul, or Tel Aviv. The cost of weight loss in Dubai is 2-3 times lower.
- Zulekha Hospital is recognized as the leading medical facility for bariatric surgery in Dubai according to the Bookimed patients' reviews.
- Local doctors achieve high success rates — you may lose up to 80% of excess mass after weight loss surgery in Dubai.
- This medical trip may be the fulfillment of a long-cherished dream: visit Dubai, capital of magnificence, and wealth.
Frequently asked questions on weight loss in Dubai
Who can get weight loss treatment in Dubai?
Each obese patient who has a BMI (body mass index) over 35 can undergo bariatric surgery in Dubai. Your choice depends on your preferences and needs. If Dubai is a suitable option for you, submit a request and our manager will arrange your trip.
When is weight loss surgery right for me?
Bariatric doctors perform operations for weight loss in Dubai only if:
- your age is 18-65 years old
- your body mass index (BMI) is over 35 or the weight exceeds 45 kg in men and 35 kg in women
- you have obesity-related health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea syndrome or joint pain
- you have excess weight for at least 5 years
- you tried to lose weight with lifestyle changes a hundred times, but the result was short-run.
How safe and effective is a fat reduction in Dubai?
The success rate of bariatric surgery mainly depends on the weight loss method. However, in 95% of cases, weight loss surgery is safe and does not cause any complications, according to NCBI.
The significant decrease in overweight after obesity surgery is noted in 85-95% of obese people. 75–85% of patients have a persistent result which lasts for more than 5 years.
Specialists at the weight loss centers in Dubai perform gastric sleeve and stomach bypass procedures. These methods are recognized as the most effective among others. You may slim down up to 80% of your excess fat with these methods.
What weight loss surgery is the best?
The most appropriate type of operation is selected together with a doctor during your consultation in a weight loss center in Dubai. A doctor receives information about your health, conducts a comprehensive physical examination, various laboratory tests, and only after this recommend the most effective type of obesity surgery in your case.
What weight loss surgery is best for people with diabetes?
Specialists in weight loss surgery in the UAE operate obese patients with BMI (body mass index) of over 35 kg/m2 or in case of diseases associated with obesity as diseases, for example.
After the weight loss treatment in Dubai, a patient slims down gradually. As they lose weight, disorders regress. 90% of patients refuse taking hypoglycemic drugs due to the normalization of blood pressure and blood sugar level.
How long should you stay in Dubai after weight loss treatment?
Experts in fat reduction in Dubai most often perform gastric bypass and stomach sleeve surgeries. In these cases, a patient stays in hospital 1-2 day and may come back home.