This year Bookimed celebrates the V anniversary and we are excited to announce our $500 Scholarship to students interested in healthcare.
Write an Essay and Get a Reward
Please see the eligibility and submission requirements below.
Who is Bookimed?
Bookimed is a platform for top medical centers searching and treatment arrangement. Our mission is to provide access to the advanced medical solutions for everyone.
At Bookimed, we believe that health and education are some of the most important investments you can make in your life. And we want to help you succeed!
Essay scholarship highlights
- The winner will receive a $500 scholarship.
- The best essays will be published on Bookimed Blog.
Write an essay on one of the following topics:
- New trends among US medical tourists.
- What pushes Americans go abroad for dental care?
- Trends in plastic surgery for US citizens.
Your essay should:
- Be in English only.
- Have between 800 and 1,200 words.
- Be unique, original and relevant to the topic. Note: each essay will be checked on the text uniqueness.
- Have the structure (an introduction, an argument and its solution, a conclusion).
- Be submitted as a Microsoft Word attachment or Google Doc link.
- Be sent before the deadline.
- Each participant can submit only one application.
- There is no participation fee.
- The student’s name, email, date of birth and the name of the educational institution the student is enrolled at must be included in online application form.
- Please attach to the application, proof of your student status (e.g. scanned copy of your dated student ID front and back).
To be eligible to apply for the Bookimed Award you must: (pending to be confirmed for 2019)
- Be aged 22 years before or on 31 December 2019.
- Be a US citizen or have a USA residence permit.
- Be a student of qualified educational institution during the 2019 academic year.
Application period will close on 30 November 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
The winner will be announced until 20 December 2019.
Who will be the winner?
The winner will be defined by our 3 judges according to judging criteria, which are specified in the Official Scholarship Rules.
Please check the Official Scholarship Rules to find out more details.
- Can High School Seniors, who will be attending college next year, apply?
- No! Only students of qualified educational institution can participate in the contest.
- Can Masters and Doctorate students apply?
- Can International students apply?
- If you are attending a US-based school, yes. International students who have a student visa to attend school in the US are considered legal residents and are therefore eligible. If your college is outside the US, you cannot apply at this time.
- How can I apply?
- Online entry is required. The online application must include a Microsoft Word attachment or Google Doc link image of the original text of your essay, the applicant's first and last name, date of birth, mailing address, email address, proof of your student status, name of educational institution currently attending and its website address.
- What types of essays are permitted?
- Original unique texts in English can be submitted online as a Microsoft Word/Google Docs file.
- How will work be judged?
- Bookimed employs experts in the area of Healthcare. A panel of objective judges selected from these employees will score all eligible scholarship entries based on the following criteria:
- Quality of content (including uniqueness, structure, informative value)
- Creativity and originality
- Relevance of essay to its topic.
- How is the award distributed?
- The winner, along with their educational establishment, will be emailed and announced on the Bookimed website before 20 December 2019. The Bookimed will make the cheque payable to the winner in amount of $500 US Dollars, which will be delivered to the Winner's address, or make a scholarship payable by bank wire on the Winner’s bank account.
- Where can I find the complete rules for the scholarship?
- Please click here for the Official Scholarship Rules.
- How does the voting work?
- Our judging team will consist of Bookimed employees. They will vote for the essays submitted. The winning scholarship essay will be an assay obtaining the highest share of the vote.
If you have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this opportunity with more students!
By submitting your application, you confirm that you understand the scholarship rules and criteria and agree to accept the decision of the judges. You agree to allow us to edit, upload for public access, share, and use your essays in other ways at our discretion. Find out more details in the Official Scholarship Rules.
In administering the Scholarship, the Bookimed will not discriminate participants in any manner, including on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin.