Has 2 specializations: pediatrics and neurology
Since 1990 specializes in treatment of childhood neurology diseases
Rich experience in long-term video-EEG recording
36 international publications regarding epilepsy in children (64 in general)
One of the leaders of the Turkish Association of Pediatric Neurology
Prof. Guzide Turanli specializes in the treatment of various childhood neurology diseases, such as:
- convulsive conditions in children, including idiopathic and acquired forms of epilepsy;
- neurological pathologies, developed on the background of phenylketonuria;
- vascular anomalies of central nervous system;
- cerebral palsy;
- paralysis and paresis of various origins;
- various types of spine curvatures, spinal hernias;
- nervous system tumors in children.
Nowadays, she consults and provides therapy in Medipol University Hospital.
Education: From 1974 till 1980 Guzide Turanli studied at Ankara Medical University to obtain the pediatrics specialization. She gained a Professor degree in 1998.
Improving of practical qualification:
- Neurology Department at the University of Zurich;
- Hacettepe University Medical School;
- Head of the Epilepsy Treatment Department in Pittsburgh Children’s Hospital, USA.