- The diagnostic methods of prostate cancer at Sheba Medical Center
- The cost of prostate cancer diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center
- The prostate cancer treatment methods at Sheba Medical Center
Why is Sheba Medical Center the leading center in prostate cancer treatment?
What doctors are the experts in prostate cancer treatment at Sheba Medical Center?
The center is headed by Prof. Dr. Raanan Berger, who is the head of the Oncology Institute and Sheba Department of Clinical Trials, respected doctor of international class in urological oncology and radiotherapy. Despite that he is one of the main professionals of more than 30 clinical researches of Sheba Cancer Center.
Prostate cancer diagnostics include a detailed list of the consultations, surgical imaging procedures and laboratory tests, such as:
- Thorough examination (digital rectal examination), urologist and oncologist consultations;
- Detailed laboratory analyses (incl. PSA-test);
- Transrectal and transabdominal ultrasound;
- Prostate biopsy with histopathological analysis of tissue samples obtained;
- Bone scan;
- 3D CT;
Prostate cancer diagnostics program is strictly individual at Sheba Medical Center and varies from 2,700 to 3,800 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the prostate cancer treatment methods at Sheba Medical Center?
The most demanding and innovative prostate cancer treatment methods at Sheba Cancer Center are the following:
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy;
- Robot assisting radical prostatectomy using Da Vinci Surgical System;
- Brachytherapy, as well as transurethral prostate resection (under benign hyperplasia).
There are the following classic treatment methods:
- Radical prostatectomy traditional operation;
- Hormonal therapy and drug therapy.
- Who conducts the prostate cancer treatment in Rambam Hospital?
- Treatment and diagnostics program cost at Rambam Medical Center
- Treatment therapies
Who conducts the prostate cancer treatment in Rambam Hospital?
Dr. David M. Kakiashvili is the Director of Urologic Oncology, Chief of Robotic Surgery at Rambam Medical Center. He has got an international certificate in robotic surgery. Dr. David M. Kakiashvili was trained as urologic oncology, robotic surgeon. He was called "The man of the year in medicine” by Israeli Radio Haifa in 2012. In 2005 he obtained APF (American Physician Fellowship for Israel) Annual Grant in the field of basic research.
Dr. Kakiashvili is well known as an expert in robotic prostatectomy who carries out surgeries with da Vinci System.
Treatment and diagnostics program cost at Rambam Medical Center
Biopsy and diagnostics of prostate cancer are carried out with a designated sonar system.
The complete examination approximately lasts 4 days.
Treatment therapies in Rambam Hospital
In Rambam Hospital the following therapies of prostate cancer treatment are used:
- Radiotherapy (including Intensity-modulated radiation therapy);
- Brachytherapy (minimal impact on healthy cells);
- Prostatectomy (including robotic surgery).
35% of patients who underwent treatment in Rambam Hospital and followed all prescriptions have never had this disease again.