Lung cancer - best treatment options abroad
Lung cancer is one of the most common oncological malignancies that develops from the lung cells. It ranks first in the world by prevalence and mortality among men.
To date, lung cancer is divided into four stages. Commonly cancer is detected when the stage 3 has already developed. Since the stage when the cancer is diagnosed often determines the 5-year survival for patients (see table below), early diagnostics is prevalent to the successful cure of lung cancer.
What are the diagnostics for lung cancer?
Today, according to NCCN, annual LDCT examination reduces the risk of death from lung cancer by 20%. Chest x-ray, comparing to the LDCT, does not allow to detect early stages of cancer when there is still a high probability of the successful outcome.
Among diagnostics are also used:
- Pulmonary functional test;
- FDG PET/CT.
Treatment for lung cancer
There are three standard approaches to the treatment of cancer, and lung cancer is no exception. These are surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy in different combinations.
Treatment abroad in the best clinics allows to apply advanced treatments for lung cancer:
- VATS - video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery, which takes place in the early stages of lung cancer, is proven to reduce mortality compared with open lobectomy (NCCN);
- In addition to standard methods of radiation therapy (CT-planned 3D-CRT), several certified clinics apply advanced methods - 4D-CT and/or PET/CT simulation, IMRT/VMAT, IGRT, motion management, proton therapy.
Nordwest Clinic has passed ESMO Certification. There are only 22 clinics of similar level in the world.
- Why Nordwest Clinic should be chosen for the treatment of lung cancer?
- Who treats lung cancer in Nordwest Clinic?
- What are the diagnostics and treatments for lung cancer?
- What is the cost for lung cancer treatment in Nordwest Clinic?
- PET-CT combined with MRI of the brain;
- Bronchoscopy with tissue sampling;
- Bone scintigraphy;
- Spiroergometry to check whether the patient can be operated surgically.
- Non-small-cell carcinoma (adenocarcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, large-cell carcinoma, carcinoid) is removed using keyhole surgery when there are no metastases, otherwise it is treated with chemo-/radiation therapy;
- Small-cell carcinoma more frequently leads to distant metastases, therefore the definitive treatment is chemotherapy.
- set of diagnostics - €5,000;
- chemotherapy - €2,000;
- radiotherapy - €10,000;
- surgery - €20,000.
Why Nordwest Clinic should be chosen for the treatment of lung cancer?
Oncology and Hematology Center is accredited by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO). It includes specialized centers for the treatment of various cancers, branch of the Ludwig American Institute of Clinical Research and Palliative Department.
Who treats lung cancer in Nordwest Clinic?
Lung cancer treatment is in charge of one of the best doctors according to FOCUS magazine Prof. Dr. med. Elke Jäger, Chief Physician of Oncology Department and Dr. med. Stefanie Veit, Chief Doctor of the Unit for Thoracic Surgery.
What are the diagnostics and treatments for lung cancer?
Set of diagnostic procedures includes:
What is the cost for lung cancer treatment in Nordwest Clinic?
Cost of lung cancer treatment is determined individually in each case and depends on the type and stage of lung cancer. The approximate cost for:
For more information about treatment programs, as well as calculation of the individual cost of treatment, please contact Bookimed Medical Coordinator.