Lung cancer treatment options
Lung cancer develops from the lung cells. It ranks first by prevalence and mortality among men.
Lung cancer is divided into four stages. Commonly cancer is detected when the stage 3 has already developed. Since the stage when the cancer is diagnosed often determines the 5-year survival for patients, early diagnostics is prevalent to the successful cure of lung cancer.
Diagnostics for lung cancer
According to NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network), annual LDCT (Lung cancer screening with low dose computed tomography) examination reduces the risk of death from lung cancer by 20%. Chest X-ray, comparing to the LDCT, does not allow to detect early stages of cancer when there is still a high probability of the successful outcome.
Among diagnostics are also used:
- Pulmonary function test;
- FDG PET/CT.
Treatment for lung cancer
There are three typical approaches to the treatment of cancer. These are surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy in different combinations.
Advanced treatments for lung cancer:
- VATS - video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery, which takes place in the early stages of lung cancer, is proven to reduce mortality compared with open lobectomy (NCCN);
- In addition to standard methods of radiation therapy (CT-planned 3D-CRT), several certified clinics apply advanced methods - 4D-CT and/or PET/CT simulation, IMRT/VMAT, IGRT, motion management, proton therapy.
Doebling Private Hospital was listed among 10 Best Hospitals in the world (FORBES)
- What are the treatments for lung carcinomas?
- What is the cost of lung cancer diagnostics and treatments?
- Consultation of the specialist costs approximately € 200;
- Biopsy - € 500 and above, depending on the number of samples;
- CT - € 500;
- MRI with contrasting of one area - € 550.
What is the diagnostics for lung cancer?
What are the treatments for lung carcinomas?
Treatment is carried out according to Austrian standard cancer treatment guidelines. Depending on the clinical case the surgery, chemo/radiotherapy can be chosen in different combinations.
What is the cost of lung cancer diagnostics and treatments?
Doebling as any other clinic does not have fixed price for diagnostics/treatment, the price depends on the clinical case, the number of chemotherapy cycles, necessity and the number of radiotherapy sessions.
Compilation of individual treatment program requires your personal medical history. Contact Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator for more information.