Sourasky Medical Center Plastic Surgery Department is well-known at each continent. Today it offers ultramodern techniques of rehabilitation and reconstruction. One of the most popular operations is a microsurgical reconstruction operation. This procedure is performed on bones, joints and soft tissues. The newest systems of CT scanners, 3D visualizers and laser technologies perform magic. With this type of reconstruction patients can restore the broken away or damaged fingers, hands, legs, muscles, bones, nerves, etc. With the efforts of talented specialists one can avoid amputation, if apply timely.
- Why is Samsung Hospital one of the leading representatives of Korean plastics?
- What are the main provided reconstructive and plastic procedures in Hospital?
- Who is allowed to have plastic operation?
- What is the aftersurgical period?
- What is the cost for plastic surgeries in Samsung Medical Center?
Why is Samsung Hospital one of the leading representatives of Korean plastic surgery?
Samsung Medical Center is one of the best clinics in the world (its achievements include the Minister of Health and Welfare Trophy, winning in the Korean Customer Satisfaction and Service Quality Indexes). The Samsung Department of Plastic Surgery performs over 3,700 plastic, reconstruction operations and cosmetic surgeries per year. The interdisciplinary team of the Clinic receives around 19,000 patients from all over the world searching medical advice per year.
Top doctors of Samsung Kun Chul Yoon MD, Bang Sa-Ik MD, Mun Goo Hyun MD and Lim So Young MD represent the scientific and innovative approach in Korean reconstructive plastics.
The major fields of their work include:
- Breast restoration, i.e. creation of a breast shape with an artificial implant or using a tissue graft from another part on from your body. Sometimes both methods are applied. Breast reconstruction is assigned for patients after a mastectomy surgery.
- Reconstruction after safe removal of melanoma (in cooperation with Samsung Malignant Melanoma Clinic - the leading dedicated Korean hospital).
- Recreational operation of Bell's paralysis and other types of facial nerve palsy.
- Ear plastics for patients with microtia and/or other ear defects (more than 120 cases annually).
- Cosmetic procedures (facial surgeries, liposuction, eyelid operations etc.).
Plastic, reconstructive and corrective surgeries are prohibited for people with absolute contraindications, including:
- HIV or hepatitis patients;
- Patients with cancer (and metastasis);
- Patients suffering from bleeding disorders.
The full list of relative interdictions depends on each individual case.
It’s important to remember that some of the replacement procedures could significantly change an appearance, so the patient should be psycologically prepared for the incoming changes. In some cases presurgical preparation comes with visiting the psychologist.
What is the aftersurgical period?
The after operational care depends on the surgery type and the basic indicators of person’s condition.
Breast reconstruction or facial surgeries will need a week or so of patient’s hospital stay, abdomen liposuction requires about two weeks, while patients after eyelid or lip surgery will be sent home in one-two days.
What is the cost for plastic surgeries at Samsung Medical Center?
A bill for plastic operation is formed according to the kind of provided procedure and period of rehabilitation of the patient. You may get an individual treatment plan with specific prices on the website of the International Patients Support Center Bookimed right now!