rehabilitation after spinal cord injury in Lithuania
Overall rating by
What is worth knowing about spinal cord injury rehabilitation?
- Before rehabilitation many clinics conduct complex examination or spinal check-up aimed at estimating the patient’s state after injury.
- Foreign medical centers pay great attention to urological exam which helps to analyze the urination process.
- The multidisciplinary team may include ergotherapist, physiotherapist, psychologist and other physicians depending on the type of injury.
- The main purpose of rehabilitation after spinal cord injury is to return maximum independence to the patient.
- Foreign clinics often provide training for the patient’s family members so that they could organize his/her life properly and continue recovery after returning home.
- Patients in critical condition may be transferred anywhere through medical aviation services which cost from $10,000.
Восстановление я проходила в Реабилитационном центре "Абромишкес" Литва. Мое слабое место было, что у меня было все запущено, после инсульта я три года бездействовала, растерялась Врачи, в "Абромишк...
Head of the Clinical Physiology Department, Therapeutist
- Diagnosis and rehabilitation program for patients with spinal cord injuries at Abromiskes Center
- Cost of rehabilitation at Abromiskes Center
Diagnosis and rehabilitation program for patients with spinal cord injuries at Abromiskes Center:
- consultation with specialists;
- computer-aided diagnosis with the help of Back Check muscle strength testing system and Biodex muscle training machine;
- FES – an influence of electric current on the weakened muscles;
- underwater vertical spine traction allows to fully relax back muscles and increase the distance between the vertebras. It helps to decrease the load on the back and stabilize blood circulation;
- terrenkur – a therapeutic walking, a pat of physical therapy;
- therapeutic massage, mud baths, mineral water therapy;
- halotherapy in salt rooms of Abromiskes Clinic is very beneficial for the general physical condition of patients;
- cycle trainings, exercising in gym and swimming-pool;
- classes with psychologist are very helpful for patients prone to apathy after a difficult trauma;
- special program is developed to teach a patient how to dress, eat, use the toilet and do other basic activities on his/her own.
Cost or rehabilitation at Abromiskes Center
THE Cost of a 24-hour stay in the Hospital for the recovery after spinal injuries is nearly €54-67. The Clinic offers full board and such services as dietitian counselling, translation and transfer.
Cost of procedures regarding ensuring Rehabilitation after spinal cord injury in Lithuania
- In Abromiskes Rehabilitation Center prices are 3% lower
- Average response time is 5 days
The Department of Rehabilitation in Kardiolita Hospital (Vilnius, Lithuania) specializes in the recovery of a patient after injuries and surgeries.
Patients with disabilities of the musculoskeletal, nervous, respiratory, cardiovascular, and endocrine systems undergo therapy here.
Specialists of the Department carry out rehabilitation with the help of physical exercises, massage, ultrasound, current, and magnetic therapies.
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
Thanks for your question
You will receive an email about the reply