stroke rehabilitation in Lithuania
Overall rating by
The overall rating of clinics specialized in stroke rehabilitation in Lithuania, based on Bookimed patients experience.
What is worth knowing about recovery after stroke?
- Rehabilitation after stroke is governed by the rule: the sooner you start the better. If you start in a week, the full recovery can be achieved in 2-3 months. If you start in a month, the positive results will be seen approximately after a year. The reason is the loss of brain’s neuroplasticity (an ability to adapt to inner or outer changes).
- Medication treatment doesn’t replace stroke rehabilitation but only complements it and increases the effectiveness.
- Patients after stroke are in difficult emotional condition therefore they need the help of experts. In specialized clinics they are treated by neuropsychologists that significantly enhances the recovery process.
- It is very important to restore speech and swallowing functions during the rehabilitation. Many hospitals abroad employ special speech therapist for this reason.
- Restoration of self-serving skills is the minimum effect of stroke rehabilitation.
- Delayed rehabilitation and long maintenance in bed may cause some dangerous complications for the patient: bed sores, thrombosis or pneumonia.
- You may be transferred to medical center for rehabilitation through medical aviation services (flight with all necessary personnel and equipment costs from $10,000).
- BUT! Stroke may be followed by serious cardiovascular disorders, so the flight is possible only by the attending doctor’s consent.
Что-то пошло не так! Попробуйте еще раз
Login to your account
Get a new password
Check you email
Check your email. Login and password to your personal dashboard were sent.
Did not get the email?
If you do not receive the email, check the Spam folder.