traumatic brain injury in Israel
Overall rating by
What is worth knowing about rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury (TBI)?
- The effectiveness of rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury will be higher if you start as quick as possible.
- Even patients in coma or vegetative state have chances to be recovered.
- Minimum course of rehabilitation after TBI lasts for 1 month.
- Positive attitude of the patient and his/her relatives significantly improves the rehabilitation efficiency.
- Speech disorder is a typical symptom of brain injury therefore the patient needs to attend classes with a therapist.
- Foreign hospitals offer special training for patient’s relatives especially when only partial recovery is expected (in case of serious brain damages after TBI). The relatives learn how to organize the patient’s life in the way that he/she could feel maximum independence.
- Patients can be transported to the clinic in different conditions. Bookimed is able to arrange special conditions for the transfer or even medical aviation. The cost of medical charter begins from $10,000 and varies depending on the distance. (цена зависит от расстояния).
One of the largest rehabilitation centers in Israel - Reuth for more than 55 years receives patients with orthopedic and neurological disorders. The accumulated experience and modern equipment allows the center to successfully carry out the whole range of neuropsychological and physi...
Спасибо всему дружному персоналу (врачам, физиотерапевтам) за оказанную помощь и проделанную работу по восстановлению здоровья и общего состояния в целом! ...
One of the largest rehabilitation centers in Israel - Reuth for more than 55 years receives patients with orthopedic and neurological disorders. The accumulated experience and modern equipment allows the center to successfully carry out the whole range of neuropsychological and physical rehabilitation. 5 main areas, more than 10 para-medical specialists, pediatric department and 350 beds in the hospital - this is an incomplete list of the distinguishing features of the rehabilitation center.
Cost of procedures regarding ensuring Traumatic brain injury in Israel
Comprehensive rehabilitationfromup to
- In Child Development Center Beit Issie Shapiro prices are 12% lower
- Average response time is 5 days
95% of the patients with TBI leave the hospital on their feet
Methods of rehabilitation
- Locomat complex - a computerized system that helps patients to recover their walking skills and allows to adjust this process in real time;
- Posturograph - device for training of the balance skills of patients with brain injuries;
- Rewalk - newest robotic system. It allows to move even completely paralyzed people. The system includes an exoskeleton, and the clock, which allows to adjust the speed of movement;
- Medi-touch - computer complex, consisting of a special glove that detects movements of the fingers (arms, wrist, or elbow), and transmits them to the computer screen. During the game restores motions in the joint;
- Anti-gravity - is a system for the recovery of walking skills. It is used in the rehabilitation of patients after traumatic brain injury who are unable to hold their own weight;
- Game console "Wii Fit" - is a game console for the rehabilitation of people who can not stand. It allows them to strengthen muscles, develop coordination and quick reaction.
Over the last decade, about 70% of patients with brain injuries regain consciousness.
Cost of rehabilitation
Price per day in hospital ranges from 900 to 1500 dollars and depends on the length of stay of patient in the center, of the initial diagnosis and the intensity of training. It includes food, accommodation, nursing care and all procedures.
Get a rehabilitation program with the estimated cost by contacting with the doctor-coordinator of Bookimed.
Israeli rehabilitation center for the children Beit Izzy Shapiro has been around for 35 years and during that time the unique methods of therapy have been developed in the center, which are used in rehabilitation throughout the world. Beit Izzy Shapiro takes care of children up to 14 years with various developmental disabilities. More than 30 thousand patients a year undergo rehabilitation here.
Thanks for your question
You will receive an email about the reply