- Knee replacement in Sourasky (Ichilov) Hospital
- Individual approach in knee replacement in Sourasky and expert level of doctors
- Researches and hospitals opportunities to confirm the diagnosis
- Peculiarities of surgery performing in Ichilov Clinic: complete or partial joint resection?
- Rehabilitation after knee replacement
- Cost of knee replacement
Knee endoprosthesis replacement in Sourasky (Ichilov) Hospital
Operating room of the clinic is fitted with the Robotic Guidance System - the SpineAssist: robotic SpineAssist system. This multi-function robot helps a doctor to plan time consuming surgeries by means of 3D-visualization. Thus, experts prognoses their actions prior the surgery and can evaluate the scale of the required replacement in each case (is it necessary to conduct a full or partial replacement or not).
Individual approach at knee endoprosthesis replacement in Sourasky and expert level of doctors
In the Department of Orthopedic Surgery in Ichilov doctors are not only familiar with the best practices of knee joint replacement, but they are involved in researches in their specialty. In their work, Sourasky orthopedists are committed to the following principles:
- individual selection of the implant;
- short rehabilitation period.
Dr. Ron Arbel is a first-class orthopedic surgeon with a worldwide reputation, specializing in knee surgery. He is the Head of the Division of Sports Medicine at the Department of Orthopedics of the hospital.
Researches and opportunities of the hospital to confirm the diagnosis of the patient
- Radiography in different projections (evaluation of the injury of the knee joint);
- Laboratory researches: biochemical, serological, immunological, complete blood count;
- CT, MRI - to provide an image of the knee joint tissue with high resolution.
You do not need to make specialized researches before carrying out endoprosthesis surgeries in Ichilov Clinic. It should be noted that this rule is changed, if the patient has a heart or other chronic pathologies.
Peculiarities of surgery performing in Ichilov Clinic: complete or partial resection of the joint
- Application of the SpineAssist ® robotic guidance system before and after the surgery.
- Variability - the doctor estimates your condition firstly, afterwards decides to make partial (unipolar) or total knee replacement.
- Surgical intervention under general or epidural anesthesia.
Rehabilitation after knee replacement: when can you get back to driving
- The recovery takes 10 weeks;
- Patients can get back to driving in 4-6 weeks;
- Physiotherapy is conducted by means of training system under the supervision of rehabilitators.
- Patients can return to their regular life in a week after the surgery in 80% of cases.
What is the cost of knee replacement in Ichilov?
The cost of surgery depends on many factors: materials of the implant, full or partial joint replacement, the required volume of rehabilitation procedures.
The cost of knee replacement starts from USD 16,500 - 20,000. You may leave request for an individual treatment program with the exact price at the website of Bookimed.
Rambam Orthopedic Center provides the diagnostics and treatment of all kinds of joints diseases. The Center also includes pediatric orthopedics which specializes in children bent limbs, pelvic osteotomy and treatment of injuries. The main directions are operations (including reconstructive operations) of the upper limbs, lower limbs (including endoprosthesis replacement), spine disorders treatment, treatment of injuries and sports injuries, arthroscopy.
- Diagnostics of knee replacement in Assuta Clinic
- Effective methods of knee replacement in Assuta Hospital
- Cost of knee replacement at Assuta Medical Center
Israeli specialists take leading positions in endoprosthesis replacement due to application of computer navigation system and biocompatible constructions that provide smooth and painless movement.
- Artificial implants CPM (UK), Zimmer (USA), Johnson & Johnson (USA);
- Comfortable conditions in the semiprivate ward in the orthopedics;
- The surgery is performed by one of the most famous Israeli orthopedic surgeons Dr. Ron Arbel.
What is the procedure of complex diagnostics in Assuta?
- Laboratory tests of blood (including coagulation) and urine;
- MRI and CT prior to the partial replacement;
- X-ray of joints.
- Computer modeling of the implant by means of MRI;
- Unique surgeries on 2 joints replacement simultaneously;
- The implants of different sizes allow to choose the optimal ratio of parts of the endoprosthesis.
What is the rehabilitation procedure after treatment at Assuta Medical Center?
- The average length of stay of the patient in the clinic is not more than 5-7 days;
- Individually selected set of physical exercises to improve extension and release from residual pain;
- Postsurgical monitoring during two weeks (after the patient's dismiss from the hospital).
What is the effectiveness of endoprosthesis replacement in Assuta Clinic?
- The effectiveness of surgery is 95%;
- Amplitude of normal limb flexion is up to 155 degrees;
- Return the natural movement.
What is the cost of knee replacement surgery in Assuta Hospital?
- The cost of treatment varies between USD 22,000 - 35,000;
- The price policy depends on the type of prosthesis and type of anesthesia;
- Order an individual treatment program with the exact price at the website of Bookimed.
Sheba Hospital Center for Orthopedics specializes in the following pathologies: joints, scoliosis, osteomyelitis, osteoporosis, cruciate ligament rupture, ankylosing spondylitis and fractures surgery. Center's specialists use minimally invasive methods which improve the accuracy and precision of operations, minimize the risk of postoperative complications and remove the necessity for general anesthesia. A special feature of arthroplasty in Sheba is using of implants that can serve to eighty years. Using the titanium deposition on prosthesis contributes to its earliest engraftment to the bone without the risk of rejection.