kidney transplantation in Israel
Overall rating by
Medical Center of Rabin Iczhak is one of the largest medical complex of Israel, providing medical services to patients from all over the country, where services are provided to all patients.
Cost of procedures regarding ensuring Kidney transplantation in Israel
Complete blood countfromup to
Hemanalysis (general, biochemical, hormonal)from
- In Sourasky Medical Center prices are 3% lower
- Average response time is 5 days
What are the benefits of transplantation at Sheba Hospital?
Sheba Medical Center is both therapeutic and R&D center. Unique nephrologic developments are imlemented on a regular basis here. One of them is growing renal tissues in vitro followed by further transplant significantly improving the function of damaged organs. This method is still undergoing clinical trials and is not widely used. However, the hospital doctors plan to refuse the donor kidneys in perspective that will significantly increase the number of transplants and restore the health of thousands of people.
The respected professional of general surgery and transplants is Prof. Moshe Shabtai, M.D., when the most complicated transplants were held under his supervision at Sheba Medical Center.
What is the examination before kidney transplantation in the clinic Sheba?
The examinations held before kidney transplant at Sheba Medical Center are the following:
- lab blood tests (general, detailed, biochemical, lipids balance, coagulation time, blood group and rhesus);liver, thyroid, adrenal glands and kidneys functional examinations;
- ECG and EchoCG;
- CT and PET-CT;
- abdominal ultrasound;
- doppler and kidneys/adrenal glands;
- breast X-ray;
- transmissive diseases and STD detection tests;
- serological testings;
- examinations of dentist, cardiologists and gynecologist (for females).
What is the price of transplantation?
The total cost starts from 3,000 USD.
What is the process of kidney transplantation at Sheba Hospital?
The professional medical team of Sheba Medical Center Department for Transplantology divide the surgery into two phases: the donor and the recipient.
Few days are taken to reach normal functioning levels. And recover from the renal failure takes few weeks. The patient is taken to high sterility intensive care for 10-15 days after surgery, being controlled by the doctor and passing the daily testing. Sheba Medical Center staff considers the psychological preparation of both the recipient and donor as obligatory procedure. The experience shows the patients recover faster after such a procedure.
What is the life expectancy of patients with kidney transplant?
Sheba Hospital has the highest longevity after kidney transplant, i.e. 80% reach over 10 years.
Why patients prefer clinic Assuta?
Assuta Medical Center is one of the few in the world that performs fairly sophisticated types of transplants of two kidneys and kidney transplant from a donor with low tissue compatibility.
Experts of Department for Transplantology and Nephrology are Prof. Dr. Jason Rappoport M.D. and Dr. Gil Chernin, world-known transplantologists and dialysis experts in Israel, who take active part in the latest scientific researches of kidney diseases treatment methods, and those who have conducted hundreds of successful surgeries on kidney transplant.
What is the complex diagnostics before surgery?
The following procedures might be included into diagnostics:
- general and detailed blood and urine testings;
- express tests;
- protein detection in urine (leukemia feature);
- sugar (typical for diabetes);
- tests for the presence of leukocytes or nitrates;
- ketone detection in urine and blood;
- the analysis of urine sediment;
- kidney ultrasound;
- Radionuclide Diagnostics (study the location and condition of the kidneys);
- kidney biopsy (the most accurate method of diagnostics);
- retrograde pyelogram (X-Ray examination enabling to find out the structural features of the kidney cavity system);
- Infusional and excretory urography.
What is the cost of diagnostics in medical center Assuta?
The diagnostics is strictly individual, besides that, the kidney donor shall pass the diagnostics as well. The total cost may vary from 3,000 to 7,000 USD.
What are the results after kidney transplantation?
The successful kidney transplantion at Assuta Medical Center competes to the best hospitals in Europe and USA and rates up to 93%.
What are the stages of kidney transplant operation?
The kidney transplant is held by the doctors team of the highest qualification:
- surgeons, radiologists,
- anesthesiologists etc.
First, the donor is hospitalized in hospital for examination and extraction of kidney folllowed by discharge after a rehabilitation course. Recipient is admitted for 21 days for diagnostics, possibly immunosupression, transplant surgery itself and rehabilitation after all. On average, the kidney reaches normal functioning levels in two weeks. Rehabilitation course is strictly individual. Assuta Medical Center provides also the laporoscopic surgery, as well as artificial kidney transplant. "
Medical treatment was good as much as Doctor we appreciate ...
What are the results of a kidney transplant?
More than 40 successful kidney transplantations are held annually at Ichilov Hospital. This is one of three largest kidney transplant center in the country. The percent of successful operations gets over 90% when the donor is a family member or a close relative.
What experts make transplantation in the clinic Ichilov?
The operations are held by the surgeons and transplantologists of the highest qualification. Prof. Richard Nakache is a world-known transplantologists of the pancreas, liver and kidneys transplant, head of Transplant Department at Ichilov Hospital. The world's first unique transplant operation of kidney from a living donor to a recipient of incompatible blood groups was successfully held under his supervision: 60-year-old patient with a rare blood group suffering from severe renal failure received the kidney of his wife.
What is the diagnosis before kidney transplantation?
The recipient passes the following obligatory examinations and procedures before the operation:
- serological test,
- lipids and coagulative balance;
- detailed chemical blood test;
- thyroid, kidneys and liver activity examination;
- breast X-ray;
- summary of the dentist, cardiologist, gynecologist/urologist;
- abdominal ultrasound;
- STD testing;
- urodynamics testing;
- basic screening;
- screening for various viral and bacterial diseases (tuberculosis, HIV, cytomegalovirus, hepatitis C, B);
- determination of diseases that could potentially affect the condition of the patient after the transplant (diverticulosis, cholecystolithiasis, hyperparathyroidism).
What is the price of transplantation in the clinic Ichilov?
The total cost starts from 3,000 USD.
What are the features of a kidney transplant at the clinic?
The kidney transplant held at Ichilov Hospital takes 3 to 4 hours by interdisciplinary group of highest qualification doctors. The treatment consists of 3 phases:
- Admission of the patient (7 days) - detailed diagnostics of the recipient and donor.
- Kidney transplant laporoscopic surgery, which is less painful and takes less time for recovery.
- Hospitalization (5 to 21 days), i.e. postsurgical period: recipient is under control of doctors, who hold the daily examination.
In 90% of cases, the kidney begins to function from the first day after surgery, the remaining 10% require 1-3 weeks sometimes.
Thanks for your question
You will receive an email about the reply