Rehabilitation techniques for the patients with TBI:
- FES (Functional Electrical Stimulation) is the use of low energy electric current to remove muscle weakness;
- LOKOmat – a robotized system for the practice of walking;
- Therapeutic massage;
- Ergotherapy targeted at the patient’s self-serving skills restoration;
- Armeo – a robotic device which trains motor reflexes and fine motor skills of the hand;
- Bobath therapy – a complex of physiotherapeutic activities aimed at basic movement restoration;
- Exoskeleton – an external robotized orthosis which enables the patients to walk even with paralysis of the lower body;
- MOTOmed – a hand and leg trainer which significantly accelerates the recovery process.
Cost of rehabilitation in Walk Again Center
- Cost of inpatient rehab is from €250 to €800;
- Inpatient stay at the Center – from €880 (excluding procedures).
Rehabilitation techniques for TBI
For the rehabilitation of bedridden patients they primarily use verticalizer which provides natural and gradual load on the legs and prevents the formation of bed sores.
To restore walking skills of the patient the Center applies:
- LOKOmat robotic system;
- Robotic trolley – a mechanism which supports the patient during exercises;
Methods of motor functions restoration:
- Hippotherapy – a therapeutic horse riding which helps to strengthen muscles and improve coordination;
- Taub therapy (CI therapy) is based on the restriction of health limbs movement to stimulate the paralyzed ones;
- I.N.P.U.T. (Intensive Neurological and Physical Therapy) – a unique complex of procedures including manual therapy, Bobath therapy and some innovations;
- Speech therapy – classes with the specialist for the treatment of speech and swallowing disorders.
Cost of recovery at Rehabilitation Center in Pforzheim
Cost of rehabilitation at the Center for inpatient is from €3,200 per week.
This price covers the expenditures for all procedures, food and accommodation for the patient and his/her attendant.