- Rehabilitation program after TBI in Malvazinky Clinic
- Cost of rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury
Rehabilitation program after TBI in Malvazinky Clinic
The appointment of therapy in Malvazinky Rehabilitation Clinic is preceded by careful diagnostics which may include:
- MRI, CT;
- measurement of intracranial and intraocular pressure.
The physicians develop an individual rehabilitation program for the patient regarding the results of examination and consultation with neurologist and therapist.
This program, as a rule, contains:
- Physiotherapeutic exercises promoting the renewal of muscle tonus and motor skills;
- Ergotherapy teaching the patient self-serving activities;
- Hydrotherapy in the Center’s swimming-pool helps to practice motor skills;
- Electrotherapy a complex of various procedures aimed at stimulation of weakened muscles;
- Therapeutic massage;
- KT Tape therapeutic cotton tapes taped on the skin to fasten lymphatic drainage and regeneration.
- Sauna therapy helps to relax both physically and mentally.
Cost of rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury
Cost of recovery in Malvazinky Center varies from €180 to €380. The expenditures include food, accommodation, procedures (5 days per week), nursing care, and transfer from/to the airport.
Methods of brain injury rehabilitation:
- Kladruby Hospital pays special attention to occupational therapy. The patients here not only obtain basic self-serving skills (dressing, eating, toilet etc.). They also have an opportunity to attend different circles – classes in computer room, sewing and dressmaking group, carpentry workshop, swimming and driving classes;
- hydrotherapy is represented by classes in the therapeutic pool with mobile bottom and whirlpool baths;
- besides the Clinic offers such procedures as jacuzzi for the legs, massage, laser scar removal, and ultrasound anesthesia.
- verticalizer is indispensable at the early stages of recovery after traumatic brain injury. It trains the vestibular apparatus, prevents bedsores and prepares the patient’s limbs for the further load during walking exercises;
- Lokomat – a device which trains a patient to walk and showing the progress on the screen;
- robotic exerciser for hands develops fine motor skills and the grasping reflex;
- MOTOmed – a trainer for arms and legs helping to restore the lost functions limbs.
Service and peculiarities of Kladruby Rehabilitation Center
Kladruby Hospital is fully adapted for the disabled patients. There is a system of underground corridors for the communication between corps, the special canteen and toilets. Own Prosthesis Department can secure all patients with the needed mobility aids - crutches, electric wheelchairs, lifts for easy getting out of bed.
Children’s rehabilitation after traumatic brain injuries
- Vojta therapy trains body balance, stimulates the restoration of stepping and grasping movements, stabilizes breathing and urination;
- Bobath therapy helps to restore motor functions and reduce spasticity;
- TheraSuit – a special suit which trains the child’s vestibular apparatus, develops motor abilities and improves muscle tonus;
- speech therapy is targeted to restore speech along with breathing and swallowing reflexes (if they are impaired);
- therapeutic massages;
- PNF technique (Kabat method) - conducts special gymnastic exercises which promote sending of stimulating signals to the CNS;
- occupational therapy – a complex of educational games aimed at teaching a child suffering an injury basic self-serving skills;
- basal stimulation – the stimulation of senses in order to improve the kid’s perception of the world and him/herself within it;
- bathes with thermal waters relax muscles and alleviate spasticity;
- the Center also carries out procedures individually prescribed by the attending physician: magnet, thermal and electrical therapy, inhalation, visiting salt cave.
Cost of TBI rehabilitation
The cost of 24 hour inpatient stay at the Center is nearly €170.
Thanks for you to made this meeting possible and thanks to him to made time for me.
Thaks for your help in advance.