I am very pleased with the visit to the clinic, I plan to come for surgery. Thanks for the expert help.
Memorial Ankara Hospital
Memorial Hospital in Ankara (Memorial Ankara Hastanesi) is one of the largest private hospitals in the Turkish capital.
Memorial Ankara Hospital specializes in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, medical oncology, and orthopedics.
Heart surgeries are performed through a thin catheter, without incisions in the thorax. Radiotherapy of tumors is carried out on TrueBeam STx and Elekta Versa HD devices of the last generation.
Memorial in Ankara is awarded by JCI, an international certificate that confirms treatment quality.
Memorial Ankara Hastanesi was established in 2014. It is the 10th hospital included in the largest medical network in Turkey — Memorial Hospitals Group. 16,000,000 patients from 92 countries receive treatment in hospitals of the network annually.
Memorial Ankara is located in the quiet district of the Turkish capital, 32 km away from the Ankara Esenboga Airport.
Advantages of Memorial Ankara
- Innovative medical technologies. Memorial Hospital Ankara is equipped with the newest technologies — hybrid operating theatres for performing open and endovascular (through a thin tube) interventions, diagnostic devices for MRI, CT and PET-CT, TrueBeam STx and Elekta Versa HD devices are available in the hospital.
- Quality of diagnostics and treatment. The treatment plan for patients is established according to the international protocols. They include only approved technologies and medications.
- Package prices. The surgery cost at Memorial Ankara includes transfer, language assistance, and admission.
Memorial Ankara Hastanesi in figures
Awards and achievements of Memorial Ankara
Joint Commission International accreditation
Memorial Hospital in Ankara is certified by JCI, an international commission in healthcare promoting compliance with over 600 criteria of treatment quality and safety.
Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Department
Over 1,000 cardiac interventions are carried out in Memorial Ankara Hospital annually — 780 coronary artery bypass surgeries, and 220 valves and congenital heart diseases correction in adults.
Invasive cardiology — what is it?
Heart and vessel operations are invasive. They are performed using a thin tube — a catheter. These are sparing procedures, which do not require extensive incisions and cardiac arrest. In most of the cases, such interventions are conducted under local anesthesia. After the catheter operations, a patient recovers within 1-2 days.
Doctors at Memorial Ankara specialize in performing such interventions:
- TAVI surgery — a transcatheter heart valve replacement. Doctors move a new valve through the vessel to the heart and fixated. Doctors control a procedure process on the X-ray device.
- Installation of temporary and permanent cardiac stimulators through a catheter.
- Ballooning or stenting — artery stenosis (narrowing) treatment. Ballooning is a widening of the artery using a special balloon, and stenting — installation of the stent which fixates the artery walls. Memorial Ankara doctors apply metallic stainless stents and modern drug-eluting stents.
Heart and artery surgeries
The most frequent intervention in the department is coronary artery bypass surgery. This is an operation to install additional artery for restoring a normal blood flow to the heart and reduce pain in the thorax. According to the hospital's statistics, the success rate of coronary artery bypass surgery is 99%. The operation takes 4 hours, on average. A patient returns to a normal life in 2-3 weeks.
Patient's health monitoring 24/7
The system for non-stop monitoring of a patient's health condition is used in the department. A doctor can get the data about the functioning of the patient's body systems at any time.
Medical Oncology Department at Memorial Ankara
Diagnostic options in Memorial Ankara Hospital
Memorial Ankara Hastanesi is equipped with a 256-slice CT device to receive detailed images with a minimal dose of irradiation for a patient.
MRI device is adapted to the patients with claustrophobia and overweight.
PET-CT creates images of the body in HD quality. It allows doctors to establish an accurate diagnosis and choose the most effective treatment option for a patient.
Treatment options at Memorial Ankara Hastanesi
12 special boxes and 1 VIP-room for chemo drugs administration are equipped in Memorial Ankara.
The Radiotherapy Oncology Department is equipped with TrueBeam STx and Elekta Versa HD linear accelerators.
TrueBeam STx is applied for radiotherapy (treatment session) and for radiosurgery (one-time procedure). The device delivers a maximally high dose of irradiation directly to a tumor that allows recover quickly and reduce side effects.
Doctors irradiate tumors with Elekta Versa HD. The device does not influence healthy tissues and reduces the risk of cancer relapse.
Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
The special box for BMT at Memorial Ankara consists of 12 wards. Patients with blood cancer, lymphomas, multiple myelomas, bone marrow pathologies, and autoimmune diseases undergo treatment in Ankara Hospital.
MRI device, Memorial Hospital in Ankara
Orthopedics and Traumatology Department at Memorial Ankara
Orthopedists treat congenital and acquired diseases, traumas of the musculoskeletal system. Such treatments are performed:
- Joint arthroplasty is a surgical restoration of joint functions.
- Pediatric orthopedics and traumatology. Doctors treat children up to 16 with gait disorders, congenital pathologies, hip joint dysplasia, spinal abnormalities.
- Hand microsurgery. The restoration of the nerve fibres and blood vessels with less than 1 mm in diameter.
- Arthroscopic surgery of the knee and ankle. Arthroscopy is a method for diagnostics and treatment using a thin fiber-optic tube which transmits an image to the monitor. Arthroscopic surgery is conducted through several small incisions and takes about 1 hour. After the intervention, a patient can stand up the same day, and returns home in 2-3 days.
Services for patients at Memorial Ankara
The hospital provides patients with a free airport-hospital transfer.
Patients stay in 1-bed or luxury-class wards. There are TV, WiFi in every hospital room.
Patients with disabilities stay in the specially adapted wards.
The hospital provides language assistance for international patients..
Hospital room in Memorial Hospital, Ankara
The hospital is ready to study medical records in the following languages:
- 321 hospitals worldwide
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews and global community
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.