In general, we thought that getting to a doctor abroad is something impossible, but, turning to you, everything went very well. I liked everything at the clinic, everything went well, we were satisfied. We will definitely contact you again, since the daughter is privately located abroad.
Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong (KUIMS)
Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong, also known as KUIMS, is a multidisciplinary medical facility in Seoul (capital of South Korea).
KUIMS is a first and only global center that combines different medical approaches in one facility — international medicine with the traditional one.
Oncology, medical check-ups, orthopedics, and dentistry are the leading specialties at Kyung Hee University Medical Center.
The center is a medical partner of the FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan and is recognized as an outstanding facility by WHO and UNICEF.
1,500,000 patient visit KUIMS annually.
Normal clinic, did not see anything special. They prescribed good medicines, I felt better. There were also very good translators. It is better to always be insured, because if there is insurance, the clinic offers a 50% discount.
I will be pleased when they receive the remaining examinations and consultation with a doctor. And so, in general, everything is quite decently organized, quickly, and a lot of different surveys in a short time.
The clinic is big. A lot of patients. But everything is calculated and passes diagnostics quickly. Everything is clean and tidy. In the diagnosis, all treat you carefully. There is always a translator nearby. No problems arise. All at a very high level.
Everything went great. Service at a height! I will advise you to friends)
Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong (Seoul) was founded in 1971. KUIMS is the first Korean university hospital united integrated treatment centers of Internal Medicine, Surgery, Traditional Korean Medicine and Dental Medicine in one hospital.
International Medical Association (KMMA/KIMA) has recognized KUIMS as the leading hospital in South Korea for medical tourism.
Leading specialties at Kyung Hee University Medical Center
BENEFITS OF KYUNG HEE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
- Fast Track system. The Fast Track system is a service that guarantees the priority for international patients during diagnosis, consultation, and treatment. Kyung Hee University Hospital is the first facility in South Korea to use this systematic approach. Fast Track system allows foreign patients avoiding queues, saving a lot of time and money during treatments.
- Innovative technologies. KUIMS doctors use innovative radiotherapeutic devices (RapidArc and Gamma Knife), an advanced robotic system (Da Vinci XI), non-surgical orthopedic therapy (Invossa K injection).
- Lower prices. Specialists of Kyung Hee University Hospital carry out diagnostic tests and treatments cheaper than in other Korean hospitals.
Kyung Hee University Medical Center in figures
CHECK-UPS IN KYUNG HEE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL AT GANGDONG
A medical check-up is one of the leading specialties at KUIMS. The center has received an award as the best one for health screening in the world by Bookimed. The award winners have been chosen according to the patients' reviews, medical service quality, and treatment success index.
KUIMS doctors provide Smart Check-Up, a diagnostic approach when a patient undergoes tests appropriate for their health condition, sex, age, and other personal characteristics.
- Basic and Premium check-up programs at KUIMS Medical Center include body composition analysis, all necessary lab tests, and examinations of eyes, heart, lungs, endocrine system, digestive organs, and some other specific tests. Premium screening contains more diagnostic tests than the Basic one to explore the patient's condition in more details.
- Intensive screening program involves exams of major organs for early detection of possible diseases according to personal lifestyle and family history. This check-up is divided into 2 types according to the patient's sex — male and female.
- Cancer check-up package in Kyung Hee University Hospital consists of diagnostic procedures to detect or prevent cancers.
- Overnight program combines overall in-depth examinations while a patient sleeps in the KUIMS VIP suite. This package is particularly important for people with neurological diseases (especially, for epilepsy).
- Special screening pack includes only specific procedures according to the patient's age. It is the most proper diagnostic option before marriage and for children (3-aged and over) or adolescents (13-aged and over). The program is helpful for the early detection and prevention of diseases.
- Set program at Kyung Hee Medical Center is a combination of customized tests and additional examinations to adjust individual needs.
Check-up Center at KUIMS Medical Center
ONCOLOGY AT KUIMS
KUIMS is among the best Korean clinics specializing in the treatment of stomach, liver, colorectal, pancreatic, breast, lung, brain, gynecological, prostate cancers, lymphomas, and blood malignant disorders as well.
Treatment of digestive organs tumors is a leading specialty at KUIMS Oncology Center. The Endoscopy Department is the best in the country according to the Korean Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Doctors here prefer conducting minimally invasive interventions that reduce the risk of complications and speed up recovery period after surgery.
➤ Radiotherapy Center
Oncologists at KUIMS Medical Center carry out radiological therapy with RapidArc — a new type of radio technology. Doctors use this device to destroy 2.5-5 mm tumors (size of a pencil tip).
RapidArc works with intensity modulation (IGRT / IMRT technologies) and visual control. It makes therapy more precise than traditional radiotherapy and accelerates the patient's recovery period.
Pros of RapidArc:
- reduces treatment period by 80%
- is cheaper than traditional radiotherapy.
➤ Gamma Knife Center
Gamma Knife is the most innovative radiation treatment for tumors of small or medium size in children and adults. KUIMS doctors use Perfection Leksell Gamma Knife — the most precise radiotherapy technology.
Advantages of Perfection Gamma Knife:
- High level of safety due to the radiation source adjusting.
- The procedure is non-invasive. Doctors operate with Gamma Knife in one day without an overnight hospital stay.
- No discomfort during the treatment as far as the device adapts to the patient's breathing and movements during the treatment.
- Exact point hit — the Perfection divides the radiation into 8 sectors that helps to target only the diseased tissues and save the healthy ones.
- Excellent image processing that helps to analyze each step of the therapy.
- Perfection Gamma Knife can deliver a high dose of radiation in 26 targets during one procedure. This is a very important for people who have a lot of disease foci.
➤ Robotic Surgery Center
Kyung Hee University Hospital is well-known among international patients for state-of-the-art robot-assisted equipment. Surgeons use an innovative Da Vinci XI device for surgical treatment of different organs.
Da Vinci XI system is the most advanced minimally invasive option for colorectal, general, urological, gynecological, thoracic complex surgeries.
The Da Vinci XI robot helps the surgeon to:
- perform a precise surgery though 3D-HD imaging (a surgeon monitors and controls all robotic movements)
- cut down operating time
- make minimal incisions and reduce recovery after the procedure.
ORTHOPEDICS AT KYUNG HEE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER
Kyung Hee University Hospital is the world's first hospital to provide gene therapy for knee osteoarthritis — Invossa K injection. This therapeutic method is the best option to reduce pain for elderly patients, and those who cannot go through the knee replacement.
Invossa K is a non-surgical method. An orthopedist makes only one injection to the knee joint allowing the cells to repair and regenerate the tissues. The procedure does not require anesthesia. A patient quickly returns to their everyday life and does not feel pain for 2 years and more.
➤ Spine center
Specialists of Kyung Hee University Medical Center combine Western and Korean medical approaches to achieve better results in vertebra diseases treatment.
SERVICES FOR INTERNATIONAL PATIENTS
✓ International patients receive a discount for accommodation in VIP rooms. So you receive VIP accommodation for the price of standard single room.
✓ Single, double, triple, quad, 5- and 6-person rooms are available in Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong. The price of accommodation depends on the chosen type of a ward.
✓ Transfer from an airport is paid additionally.
Single room at Kyung Hee University Medical Center
- 321 hospitals worldwide
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews and global community