Mexico is among the leading destinations for plastic surgery in the world. Just imagine, over 1,000,000 cosmetic surgeries are performed in the country annually. It is possible to make over the whole population of Philadelphia with thin number of operations. Mexico takes the 4th place in the world regarding a number of cosmetic surgeries according to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
A top-demanded procedure among patients in Mexico is liposuction. More than 75,000 liposuctions are carried out in Mexican clinics each year.
In this article, we will consider the main aspects of fat removal in Mexico: the features of liposuction, the price, specialists, and clinics for plastic surgeries.
Why should I do liposuction in Mexico?
Patients from over the world, especially from the USA and Canada, choose Mexico to get liposuction due to the following reasons:
- Low price. The cost of liposuction in Mexico varies depending on the number and size of problem areas. The average price for 1 zone is starting $1,400. For instance, the same fat removal surgery in the USA will cost you approx. $3,500. You save about $2,000 per one area choosing Mexico.
- Experienced doctors. There are a lot of esthetic surgery clinics in the country. To attract patients, they reduce prices, offer hot deals, and provide high-qualitative procedures employing the best plastic surgeons. Each specialist performs hundreds of liposuctions due to the high popularity of the procedure in Mexico.
Submit a request to get additional info on lipo in Mexico, book the most suitable clinic, and get a personalized quote.
Get a personalized quote
How much is liposuction in Mexico?
The prices depend on many factors. Among them are:
- the size of the problem area. The bigger problem is, the higher cost will be. It cannot be the same price to suck fat from the chin and abdomen, for instance. However, some clinics may offer a discount if a patient will operate 2 or more areas.
- the chosen clinic. Plastic surgery clinics in Mexico are less or more popular with international patients. Due to this, more promoted medical centers may ask for a higher cost of lipo, while less advertised — offer cheaper liposuction.
- the doctor's experience. Most patients want to get not only cheap lipo in Mexico but the excellent result. That is why people look the most experienced and qualified doctors. But of course, such specialists may ask for a higher fee that affects the final cost.
We have collected the average cost of lipo in Mexico concerning the number of operated areas below.
Number of problem areas
Submit a request to get a personalized quote in your particular case.
Get a personalized quote
What does the price of liposuction include?
Mexican clinics usually include such options beside the liposuction itself:
- preoperative examination
- consultation with a doctor
- doctor's fee
Some medical centers may include additional services to the price. Among them are transfer, language assistance, or even accommodation. Specify what the price includes in a particular clinic to know how much the lipo will cost exactly.
Submit a request
Who are the best plastic surgeons in Mexico?
The right choice of a doctor is a key factor to the perfect result and absence of complications after liposuction. We have selected 3 surgeons who have vast experience in liposuction performing:
Dr. Arturo Meza
He is a leading plastic surgeon within the country with over 20 years of experience. The doctor's primary specialty is weight loss surgery. Dr. Meza has founded his private practice and performs cosmetic surgeries for patients from around the world. Dr. Arturo is a member of such prestigious organizations as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the International Society of Plastic Surgery, and the Mexican Association of Plastic Surgery. All these confirm high professionalism of a doctor and make him one of the leaders in the field.
Dr. Javier Garcia
Dr. Garcia is an experienced doctor in plastic surgery. He is a member of world-renowned organizations such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Mexican Council of Plastic Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Javier Garcia was also a visiting scholar at the Plastic Surgery Division at Stanford University Medical Center. The doctor permanently improves his skills to perform plastic surgeries at any complexity at the highest level.
Dr. Marco Rodas Nava
The doctor specializes in liposuction and other operations. Dr. Marco Nava has got a certification from the Mexican Council of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery. The doctor was also trained under the guidance of the leading Brazil plastic surgeons.
Get a consultation with a doctor
Top centers for liposuction in Mexico
There are hundreds of esthetic centers in Mexico, and it is important to choose the right one for liposuction to be satisfied with the result. Inbound patients are often confused about where to get the liposuction. Follow these simple steps to make your decision easier:
- Check doctor's qualification. Pay attention to the doctors CVs. The surgeons must be experienced, certified, and improve their skills in the leading medical facilities.
- Reviews on the clinic. Look for more info it is possible on a Mexican clinic you are interested in. The reviews of patients who have already had the plastic surgeries in the clinic will be very helpful.
- Before & after photos. Ask a center to provide you before & after photos of the result after liposuction. You will see whether you like the doctor's work and if it is a result you count on.
You can also use our list of Top 3 clinics for liposuction in Mexico:
Salutaris Medical Center
Salutaris is a Mexican medical center specializes in fat removal and related plastic surgeries. Just imagine, 10,000 patients from over the world entrust their appearance to Salutaris doctors annually. There are 2 types of fat removal applied — vacuum or laser. Only after consultation with a doctor, together you will choose the most suitable lipo option in your case.
You can get a personalized lipo surgery price in this Mexican clinic by submitting a request.
Dr. Arturo Munoz Meza Plastic Surgery Clinic
The center has been providing plastic surgery services for over 20 years. For this period, no severe complication or side effects have been registered that confirms quality of procedures. Liposculpture (lipoplasty) is an innovative type of liposuction which allows removing not only excess fat from the problem areas but also adding this fat to other zones where the volume is necessary. Liposuction in Dr. Meza's Clinic is often performed as a part of mommy makeover (a set of procedures to improve the body after childbirth). The cost of lipo in this Mexican clinic already includes accommodation and transfer, so you save your charges significantly.
Dr. Allan Ceballos Clinic
The head of this center is a respected plastic surgeon — Dr. Allan Ceballos. He is a member of the Mexican Association of Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The clinic offers all types of cosmetic surgeries, including liposuction. The cost of fat removal at the center also covers airport pickup, a clinic-hotel transfer, and accommodation.
Book a clinic
It is a minimally invasive operation to remove fat deposits or improve contours of your thighs, hips, abdomen, arms, waist, chin, and other areas. The excess fat may be removed or transferred to breasts or hips, for instance, to add them an extra volume.
Lipo can be used as a separate operation or can be a part of tummy tuck or mommy makeover. Liposuction allows achieving long-term effect in case you follow all recommendation of your doctor.
Lipo is not a treatment option for obesity or cellulite. This method is used to remove extra fat on some problem areas.
The liposuction is an appropriate option for people who:
- are healthy and do not have chronic diseases
- with BMI (body mass index) 30 or lower (if your BMI is higher, you need to look for weight loss surgery)
- good skin elasticity.
Only an experienced specialist can determine whether liposuction is suitable for you.
It takes different time to see the final result after liposuction. In some cases, the result will be visible in 3-6 months, but sometimes it can take up to a year.
If a patient leads a healthy lifestyle — go in for sport and restrict some eating habits, the result will be lifetime. In case, a patient continue eating unhealthy food, the overweight will return back.
The initial recovery after liposuction in Mexico takes 1-2 weeks; the pain, bruises and swelling starts disappearing. It is necessary to wear compression garment for 3-6 weeks to speed up the skin retraction. A patient can return to work in a week after the procedure. You have to avoid intensive exercises for 2-3 weeks.
The cheap price of liposuction in Mexico is among the primary reasons why patients from over the world arrive here to get a procedure. The cost of fat removal in this country is about 2-3 times lower than in the USA, Canda, and Europe. Even together with travel charges, the lipo here will be cheaper than in above-mentioned states.
The procedure is safe, if you choose the clinic with international certifications, positive reviews, and experienced doctors. Be aware of the clinic employing unknown specialists and suspiciously low prices. You can also ask Bookimed manager for help to choose the most suitable clinic in your case.
You need to stay for 5-7 days after liposuction in the country to visit a doctor and control the recovery process.
Submit a request