- Rehabilitation techniques after traumatic brain injury in Romatem Hospital
- Cost of rehabilitation for the patients with traumatic brain injuries
Rehabilitation techniques after traumatic brain injury in Romatem Hospital
- TheraSuit – a special suit which helps the patient to take the correct body position in space and train coordination;
- Lokomat – a robotic system which improves walking ability;
- Amadeo & Armeo – robotized devices used to restore motor functions of hands and fingers;
- Bobath therapy – a method which combines different approaches to reduce spasticity;
- Vojta therapy stimulates CNS to renew reflex movements;
- Hydrotherapy – therapeutic procedures at the Center swimming pool with the assistant;
- Manual therapy includes medical massage, lymphatic drainage, acupuncture, cupping therapy;
- KT Tape (Kinesio Tape) – special adhesive tapes which stimulate lymphatic drainage and regeneration;
- Speech therapy – classes with the specialist to treat speech and swallowing disorders.
Cost of rehabilitation for the patients with traumatic brain injuries
Inpatient treatment at the Center – from $300 to $350.
The зкшсу includes accommodation, food (selected by the dietitian), translation services, transfer, diagnostics, and medication.
Methods of rehabilitation
- Locomat complex - a computerized system that helps patients to recover their walking skills and allows to adjust this process in real time;
- Posturograph - device for training of the balance skills of patients with brain injuries;
- Rewalk - newest robotic system. It allows to move even completely paralyzed people. The system includes an exoskeleton, and the clock, which allows to adjust the speed of movement;
- Medi-touch - computer complex, consisting of a special glove that detects movements of the fingers (arms, wrist, or elbow), and transmits them to the computer screen. During the game restores motions in the joint;
- Anti-gravity - is a system for the recovery of walking skills. It is used in the rehabilitation of patients after traumatic brain injury who are unable to hold their own weight;
- Game console "Wii Fit" - is a game console for the rehabilitation of people who can not stand. It allows them to strengthen muscles, develop coordination and quick reaction.
Over the last decade, about 70% of patients with brain injuries regain consciousness.
Cost of rehabilitation
Price per day in hospital ranges from 900 to 1500 dollars and depends on the length of stay of patient in the center, of the initial diagnosis and the intensity of training. It includes food, accommodation, nursing care and all procedures.
Get a rehabilitation program with the estimated cost by contacting with the doctor-coordinator of Bookimed.
Rehabilitation techniques in Kenezy Hospital
- MOTOmed – an exerciser which stimulates motor impulses allowing to return limb movement;
- FES (Functional Electrical Stimulation) – therapeutic technique using low energy electric current for muscle stimulation;
- Suspension frame – a system which “reloads” the patient’s weight and makes physical exercises easier;
- KT Tape – therapeutic adhesive tape which stimulates lymphatic drainage and regeneration processes;
- Nordic walking improves coordination and walking balance after TBI;
- Wii therapy is the usage of games consoles for moving games;
- Joba Horse – trainer for muscle simulating horse riding;
- Spa baths with water from thermal springs.
Cost of recovery after TBI
24 hours of hospital stay – from €250.
- Rehabilitation techniques for the patients after TBI
- Cost of rehabilitation after traumatic brain injuries
Rehabilitation techniques for the patients after TBI
- Kinesiotherapy (physiotherapy including aquatic vertical traction);
- Biodex – a system for muscle training and testing;
- Speech therapy – classes with the specialist to restore speech and swallowing function;
- Psychotherapy (including music therapy) helps to fight depression, a common symptom of TBI;
- Isokinetic dynamometry – a system of muscle testing and training which accelerates the patient’s recovery after injuries;
- Therapeutic baths – mineral and pearl baths, underwater massage, circular shower;
- Physiotherapeutic procedures – electrotherapy, thermotherapy, therapeutic ultrasound, magnetic laser therapy, paraffin treatment, cold therapy, light therapy, inhalations etc.
- Mud baths, hand massage, pneumomassage, apparative massage.
Cost of rehabilitation after TBI
Cost of inpatient stay at the rehabilitation center varies from €42 to €77 and includes:
- accommodation in the room of the preferred category;
- examinations and medication;
- visiting sauna, swimming-pool and gym;
- 3 dietary meals a day;
- Wi-Fi access;
- transfer from/to the airport.
Rehabilitation techniques for TBI
For the rehabilitation of bedridden patients they primarily use verticalizer which provides natural and gradual load on the legs and prevents the formation of bed sores.
To restore walking skills of the patient the Center applies:
- LOKOmat robotic system;
- Robotic trolley – a mechanism which supports the patient during exercises;
Methods of motor functions restoration:
- Hippotherapy – a therapeutic horse riding which helps to strengthen muscles and improve coordination;
- Taub therapy (CI therapy) is based on the restriction of health limbs movement to stimulate the paralyzed ones;
- I.N.P.U.T. (Intensive Neurological and Physical Therapy) – a unique complex of procedures including manual therapy, Bobath therapy and some innovations;
- Speech therapy – classes with the specialist for the treatment of speech and swallowing disorders.
Cost of recovery at Rehabilitation Center in Pforzheim
Cost of rehabilitation at the Center for inpatient is from €3,200 per week.
This price covers the expenditures for all procedures, food and accommodation for the patient and his/her attendant.
Rehabilitation techniques for the patients with TBI:
- FES (Functional Electrical Stimulation) is the use of low energy electric current to remove muscle weakness;
- LOKOmat – a robotized system for the practice of walking;
- Therapeutic massage;
- Ergotherapy targeted at the patient’s self-serving skills restoration;
- Armeo – a robotic device which trains motor reflexes and fine motor skills of the hand;
- Bobath therapy – a complex of physiotherapeutic activities aimed at basic movement restoration;
- Exoskeleton – an external robotized orthosis which enables the patients to walk even with paralysis of the lower body;
- MOTOmed – a hand and leg trainer which significantly accelerates the recovery process.
Cost of rehabilitation in Walk Again Center
- Cost of inpatient rehab is from €250 to €800;
- Inpatient stay at the Center – from €880 (excluding procedures).
- Rehabilitation program after TBI in Malvazinky Clinic
- Cost of rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury
Rehabilitation program after TBI in Malvazinky Clinic
The appointment of therapy in Malvazinky Rehabilitation Clinic is preceded by careful diagnostics which may include:
- MRI, CT;
- measurement of intracranial and intraocular pressure.
The physicians develop an individual rehabilitation program for the patient regarding the results of examination and consultation with neurologist and therapist.
This program, as a rule, contains:
- Physiotherapeutic exercises promoting the renewal of muscle tonus and motor skills;
- Ergotherapy teaching the patient self-serving activities;
- Hydrotherapy in the Center’s swimming-pool helps to practice motor skills;
- Electrotherapy a complex of various procedures aimed at stimulation of weakened muscles;
- Therapeutic massage;
- KT Tape therapeutic cotton tapes taped on the skin to fasten lymphatic drainage and regeneration.
- Sauna therapy helps to relax both physically and mentally.
Cost of rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury
Cost of recovery in Malvazinky Center varies from €180 to €380. The expenditures include food, accommodation, procedures (5 days per week), nursing care, and transfer from/to the airport.