- The diagnostic methods of melanoma at Munich University Hospital
- The cost of melanoma diagnostics at Munich University Hospital
- The melanoma treatment methods at Munich University Hospital
Why is Munich University Hospital the leading center in melanoma treatment?
The Department for Oncology of Munich University Hospital is leading in molecular oncology, stem cells biology and cell technologies, methods of multiple melanoma and sarcoma treatment. Due to synthesis of accurate and rapid diagnostics followed by reliable and efficient melanoma treatment methods at Munich University Hospital, 95% of patients with such a diagnosis fully recover. In case when the disease is diagnosed at the early stage, the rate of recovered patients is even higher and goes up to 97%. The survival rate in more complicated cases is about 85%.
What doctors are the experts in melanoma treatment at Munich University Hospital?
Two of the most respected doctors all over Europe and the world carries out the melanoma treatment here, i.e. Christian Kunte and Christian Schneider. They were granted the Georg Heberer Award for their unique developments and treatment methods of malignant melanoma. This is one of the most significant international awards for achievements in surgery and medical researches.
The following methods are applied under the melanoma diagnostics at Munich University Hospital:
All these methods enable the detection of such details of the problem that it may substitue the excisional biopsy. The following methods are applied in case of the process generalizing:
- CT, PET-CT, MRI, radionuclide scanning.
What is the cost of melanoma diagnostics at Munich University Hospital?
The detailed blood testing is obligatory. The total cost starts from 3,500 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the melanoma treatment methods at Munich University Hospital?
- 1st stage: neoplasm and little volume of healthy skin surgical removal;
- 2nd stage: when the melanoma is 2 mm and more thick, then the healthy skin of 2 cm from all sides is removed as well. The biopsy of regional lymph node i recommended;
- 3rd stage: surgical treatment combined with wide excision of the primary tumor and lymphadenectomy;
- 4th stage: chemo and radiotherapy are combined with the surgery.
The melanoma treatment at Munich University Hospital is also held by cryodestruction (tumor freezing), lazer destruction and photodynamic therapy. The innovative radiosurgical methods are also successfully used, i.e. cyber knife and gamma knife.