Lung cancer is one of the most common oncological malignancies that develops from the lung cells.
Onset of the symptoms indicates the 3rd stage of the disease. Therefore, it is important to carry out preventive examinations in order to start treatment as early as possible during the diagnostics. Lung cancer very early starts to metastasize to other organs, so everybody needs to be consulted by oncologist before the manifestation of such symptoms:
- Persistent cough;
- Retrosternal pain;
- Dyspnoea, difficulty in breathing, wheezing;
- Frequent pneumonia and bronchitis;
- Bloody sputum by coughing;
- Loss of appetite or weight loss;
- Fatigue, apathy;
- Drumstick fingers.
There are four stages of lung cancer:
- - Disease focus is less than 3 cm (1,2"), located in one segment of lung, without metastases;
- - Tumor size is 6 cm (3,2"), located within one lung segment, metastases in regional lymph nodes are present;
- - Tumor is more than 6 cm (3,2"), located beyond the lung segment, there are metastases in regional lymph nodes and in the mediastinum;
- - Tumor is of any size, extends to the whole lung, there are distant metastases in other organs.