- Diagnostics of cancer at Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov Hospital)
- Modern methods of oncologic diseases treatment
- Cost of cancer diagnostics and treatment in Ichilov Hospital
Why do the patients from all over the world choose Sourasky Medical Center to treat the oncologic diseases?
The Department of Oncology at Sourasky Medical Center is the leading in Israel for cancer treatment. This is one of the first oncologic medical centers in the world to implement the interdisciplinary approach in cancer treatment, amalgamating the leading experts and having equipped the center with the latest technologies.
What are the cancer diagnostic procedures in Ichilov Hospital?
The most advanced diagnostic equipment allows detecting the oncologic diseases at its initial stages, appointing and holding the treatment. The treating doctor and the expert team of the Medical Center develop the range of procedures of the comprehensive examination for every patient individually.
What are the modern treatment methods of cancer applied at the Medical Center?
The following surgeries are held at this Medical Center:
- Irradiation, including Gamma Knife and Cyber Knifer
- Removal of brain tumor in cooperation with the experts of the Department of Neurosurgery, radiotherapy by means of the most up-to-date the TrueBeam STx Novalis Linear Accelerator
- Breast restoration after the mammectomy
- Cryoresection of the bone tumors
- Resection of the inner organs etc.
What is the price for cancer diagnostics and treatment at Sourasky Medical Center?
Sourasky Public Medical Center offers its patients the cancer treatment in Israel by low prices in comparison with the European Medical Centers, while the quality and efficiency of the Clinic are some of the best in the world. The reviews of the patients after the cancer treatment in Ichilov Hospital in Israel prove its high effectiveness and service level.
Would you like to get the program and the exact price for cancer diagnostics and treatment at Sourasky Clinic?
Why does Assuta Medical Center admit annually thousands of patients from all over the world to treat the oncologic diseases?
The Oncology Center of the largest Israeli private Medical Center Assuta is fitted with all the required modern equipment for early diagnostics and treatment of cancer. The patients from all over the word can choose the leading professional oncologists by the opportunity of individual selection of the treating doctor.
What are the cancer diagnostic procedures at Assuta Medical Center?
This is the only place where the patient can get the diagnostics of cancer with immediate results of the biopsy. The prompt examination of cancer is the saving of the precious time for the timely treatment.
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Ultrasound etc.
What are the treatment methods of the oncologic diseases applied at Assuta Medical Center?
The experts of Assuta Medical Center apply such treatment methods of cancer as radiosurgery and chemotherapy. The application of such device as IMRT allows providing the irradiation by regular intensity, which contributes to focused effects on the damaged cells no disturbing the healthy tissues.
The Department of Chemotherapy operates during late night hours providing its patients with the opportunity to combine the chemotherapy with the alternative methods of cancer treatment without any loss of time.
What is the price for cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center in Israel?
Bookimed website allows its patients getting the treatment in private Assuta Clinic without the commission fee for the agent services. The patients pay for the services only to the account of the Medical Center.
The price for cancer treatment in Assuta Hospital is set up for each patient individually based on the required diagnostic and treatment procedures. You can find out the exact price now!
Rambam Oncological Center is recognized as one of the leaders in Israel. A special feature of the center is the applying of the radiotherapy technologies and radioactive iodine in treatment. Treatment of patients is held outpatiently and inpatiently. Due to the close cooperation with leading European and US centers of cancer treatment, Rambam Center is introduced the most advanced and innovative technologies and equipment for cancer treatment from the best clinics in the world. Among them are the radio- and beam-therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy.
Treatment of thyroid cancer in Israel
Thyroid cancer is a rare oncological disease with a very high chance of being cured. The disease affects the thyroid gland, the organ is situated just below the larynx and is responsible for the growth of certain types of cells and the entire organism, as well as generating some hormones, including thyroxine and calcitonin.
There are several types of the disease:
- The most common type is papillary thyroid cancer (about 75% of all cases). It typically affects a part of the thyroid gland. It is differentiated by a slow development, so is best curable. Mortality rate from this form of cancer is minimal.
- Follicular thyroid cancer. It occurs in 15% of all patients. Its appearance is closely related to iodine deficiency. At metastasizing, it is seldom affects the lymph nodes but can penetrate into the lungs and the skeletal system. Prognosis for cure are high.
- Medullary thyroid cancer makes up about 8% of all patients. It originates from the cells, which produce the hormone calcitonin. It can metastasize the lymph nodes, liver, kidneys and other organs. It is hard-to-treat.
- Anaplastic thyroid cancer is a very rare. As a rule, it progresses against the background of already existing forms of cancer – papillary and medullary. It develops rapidly and aggressively, metastasizing the cervical lymph nodes and other organs, making the treatment inveterate.
Women tend to suffer from thyroid carcinoma almost three times more often than men. Age group of disease incidence is quite young – 65% of patients have not reached 55 years of age. In addition, about 2% of the patients are children and teenagers.
- Fine Needle Biopsy (FNB) for the diagnostics of thyroid cancer
- Organ-preserving surgeries
- Targeted therapies
Causes of development and risk factors
The cause of thyroid cancer is a mutation of the DNA of glandular cells. This process, in its turn, can be triggered by several factors:
- Radiation effect. The source of radiation can be, for instance, the radiation fallout. In addition, there is an increased risk of disease incidence for people undergoing X-ray examination, especially of the neck and head, too often.
- Lack of iodine. In many countries with , insufficient content of iodine in the nutrition, there is an increased incidence of this type of cancer.
- Genetic predisposition. Tendency to the oncological disease can be transmitted modified gene inherited. However, such cases are rare.
Symptoms of thyroid cancer
At the early stages of the disease symptoms are quite weak. They include:
- induration in the neck;
- increased cervical lymph nodes;
- pain in the throat, sometimes extending to the ear;
- рoarse voice;
- cough of non-cold origin;
- difficult swallowing, lump in throat feeling;
- shortness of breath.
A further affection of thyroid cells breaks endocrine profile. This is manifested in some cases with the following symptoms:
or in other cases:
- hot flashes;
- excessive sweating.
The first symptoms require immediate visit to the doctor. Israeli experts diagnosticate cancer at the early stages of its development, allowing them to begin treatment promptly and seek full recovery of their patients.
Diagnostics of thyroid cancer in Israel
Diagnostics clinics in the clinics of Israel includes the following procedures:
- Visual inspection and palpation to determine the nature of the tumor.
- Ultrasound of the thyroid gland. This examination allows to determine the structure of the tumor and other possible indurations.
- Blood tests for tumor markers as of calcitonin and carcinoembryonic antigen, which level is changed with thyroid cancer.
- Blood test for hormones. The dysfunction of the gland changes the level of thyroxine, triiodothyronine and thyroid-stimulating hormone.
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB). It is a very precise method, performed under ultrasound, that takes the tumor cells for analysis.
The results of the examination conclusively determine the cancer.
To determine the stage of thyroid cancer, the degree of its aggressiveness and penetration to other organs, the following methods are used:
- Radioisotope scan.
- Computed tomography (CT) of the liver.
- Positron emission tomography (PET).
Based on the research findings, the Israeli doctors make a diagnosis and prescribe treatment.
Methods of treatment of thyroid cancer in Israel
The foreground treatment method of tumor of thyroid cancer is its removal by surgery. Depending on the desolation of the disease, besides the tumor, the part of or the whole gland can be removed. Furthermore, the affected lymph nodes in the neck are also removed at the surgery. It should be noted that Israeli doctors practice organ-preserving approach.
After the surgery, the following treatment methods are applied:
- Radioiodine therapy is an administration of a capsule with radioactive iodine to the organism. The method is based on the properties of cancer cells to accumulate this substance that destroys them in itself.
- Hormone therapy is an administration of thyroxine, a hormone produced by the thyroid gland. It is carried out to replace and suppress the remaining cancer cells after surgery.
At the later stages of the disease the treatment is carried out using the following methods:
- Radiation therapy. If tumors are small, the Gamma Knife can be used.
- Chemotherapy is an administration of a highly toxic drugs to kill cancer cells.
- Targeted therapy is the use of drugs to block the production of enzymes, involved in the division and growth of cancer cells.
Removal of the tumor. Radioiodine therapy. Hormone therapy.
Removal of the tumor and affected lymph nodes. Radioiodine therapy. Hormone therapy.
Stage 3 of thyroid cancer
Radiation therapy. Chemotherapy.
Chemotherapy. Targeted therapy.
Patient review on the treatment of thyroid cancer in Israel
“When I was young, I had to work in the area of endogenous zone that affected my health. The doctors made different diagnoses for me and tried to treat, but there was no improvement. The fact that Israeli doctors quickly organized the examination and treatment probably has saved my life. Surgery on the thyroid carcinoma is over. I am feeling well. Israeli experts are just great”!
The period of recovery after surgery on removal the tumor of the thyroid gland usually takes about two weeks. In the first days after surgery, the patient is under close medical supervision. For the life support of patient, (s)he is joined to a number of special devices, drainage tubes particularly, to drain fluid from the wound. The patient is administered with the painkillers selected individually. In addition, the patients are constantly in the processes of work with:
- physiotherapist (who rehabilitates the motor system);
- nutritionist (who selects the optimal food).
After the end of the rehabilitation period, the patient is prescribed to take the thyroid hormones. As a preventive measure, the scheduled check-out are carried out for every six months. Сonsumption of smoked meats, fatty food and sweets should be limited.
Cost of treatment of thyroid cancer in Israel
The cost of treatment in Israel depends on the occurrence of the disease, its stage, and individual characteristics of the patients. You can obtain more information from the specialists of the Bookimed company.
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||from 450 to 700$||from 500 to 800€||from 500 to 800€||from 200 to 400$||from 300 to 600$|
|Proton-beam therapy||from 175 to 185$||from 235 to 250€||from 230 to 250€||from 95 to 105$||from 170 to 190$|
Sheba Medical Center is a unique clinic as it is the only one of all medical centers in Europe and the Middle East, having signed the contract of research and development cooperation with the most famous and respected center of cancer treatment, i.e. American MD Anderson Cancer Center..
Sheba Center of Oncology has all the modern treatment technologies and programs for the patients suffering from the ontological diseases nowadays, as well as the innovative equipment for diagnostics, prevention and treatment of cancer.
What are the diagnostic and treatment procedures of cancer at Sheba Center of Oncology?
Sheba Clinic provides the innovative treatment method of 360° oncology CARE. This is not just the search of efficient methods of cancer treatment, but also the selection of individual treatment program and maximal care for the needs of the patients.
The following comprehensive examinations are appointed for the patient before the treatment in order to put the diagnosis:
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Genetic diagnostics etc.
The individual treatment program is set up after the precise diagnosis is put, including:
- Surgical treatment, i.e. full and partial resections, prosthesis installation, application of the da Vinci Surgical System and the Cyber-Knife System
- Biological therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Immunologic therapy
- Rehabilitation etc.
What is the cost for cancer treatment at Sheba Center of Oncology?
The prices for cancer treatment in Israel are much lower than in Europe or the USA, while the treatment efficiency and service level can be even higher.
The foreign patients can be treated in Sheba Hospital without any agents by virtue of Bookimed service. The treatment program is developed for each patient individually as you can order the treatment program including the exact pricing now!
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.