- Diagnostics of cancer at Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov Hospital)
- Modern methods of oncologic diseases treatment
- Cost of cancer diagnostics and treatment in Ichilov Hospital
Why do the patients from all over the world choose Sourasky Medical Center to treat the oncologic diseases?
The Department of Oncology at Sourasky Medical Center is the leading in Israel for cancer treatment. This is one of the first oncologic medical centers in the world to implement the interdisciplinary approach in cancer treatment, amalgamating the leading experts and having equipped the center with the latest technologies.
What are the cancer diagnostic procedures in Ichilov Hospital?
The most advanced diagnostic equipment allows detecting the oncologic diseases at its initial stages, appointing and holding the treatment. The treating doctor and the expert team of the Medical Center develop the range of procedures of the comprehensive examination for every patient individually.
What are the modern treatment methods of cancer applied at the Medical Center?
The following surgeries are held at this Medical Center:
- Irradiation, including Gamma Knife and Cyber Knifer
- Removal of brain tumor in cooperation with the experts of the Department of Neurosurgery, radiotherapy by means of the most up-to-date the TrueBeam STx Novalis Linear Accelerator
- Breast restoration after the mammectomy
- Cryoresection of the bone tumors
- Resection of the inner organs etc.
What is the price for cancer diagnostics and treatment at Sourasky Medical Center?
Sourasky Public Medical Center offers its patients the cancer treatment in Israel by low prices in comparison with the European Medical Centers, while the quality and efficiency of the Clinic are some of the best in the world. The reviews of the patients after the cancer treatment in Ichilov Hospital in Israel prove its high effectiveness and service level.
Would you like to get the program and the exact price for cancer diagnostics and treatment at Sourasky Clinic?
Why does Assuta Medical Center admit annually thousands of patients from all over the world to treat the oncologic diseases?
The Oncology Center of the largest Israeli private Medical Center Assuta is fitted with all the required modern equipment for early diagnostics and treatment of cancer. The patients from all over the word can choose the leading professional oncologists by the opportunity of individual selection of the treating doctor.
What are the cancer diagnostic procedures at Assuta Medical Center?
This is the only place where the patient can get the diagnostics of cancer with immediate results of the biopsy. The prompt examination of cancer is the saving of the precious time for the timely treatment.
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Ultrasound etc.
What are the treatment methods of the oncologic diseases applied at Assuta Medical Center?
The experts of Assuta Medical Center apply such treatment methods of cancer as radiosurgery and chemotherapy. The application of such device as IMRT allows providing the irradiation by regular intensity, which contributes to focused effects on the damaged cells no disturbing the healthy tissues.
The Department of Chemotherapy operates during late night hours providing its patients with the opportunity to combine the chemotherapy with the alternative methods of cancer treatment without any loss of time.
What is the price for cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center in Israel?
Bookimed website allows its patients getting the treatment in private Assuta Clinic without the commission fee for the agent services. The patients pay for the services only to the account of the Medical Center.
The price for cancer treatment in Assuta Hospital is set up for each patient individually based on the required diagnostic and treatment procedures. You can find out the exact price now!
Rambam Oncological Center is recognized as one of the leaders in Israel. A special feature of the center is the applying of the radiotherapy technologies and radioactive iodine in treatment. Treatment of patients is held outpatiently and inpatiently. Due to the close cooperation with leading European and US centers of cancer treatment, Rambam Center is introduced the most advanced and innovative technologies and equipment for cancer treatment from the best clinics in the world. Among them are the radio- and beam-therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy.
Rhabdomyosarcoma treatment in Israel
Rhabdomyosarcoma develops from a transversely striated (skeletal) muscle and is a colony of modified muscle cells (myocytes). In a result of a number of successive divisions, tumor elements are simplified and become similar to embryonic cells (precursors of muscles) that are rabdomioblasts. The longer the tumor does not being treat, the worse the prognosis for life is as there is the higher risk of metastasing and organ damage around tumors.
In two-thirds of cases, rhabdomyosarcoma affects the children up to 10 years, mainly boys (girls’ rate is in 2 times lower). Overwhelming majority of the illness cases (90%) is up to the age of 25 years.
Types of rhabdomyosarcoma:
- embryonic rhabdomyosarcoma is typical for children and it affects the head and neck;
- alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma develops mainly in adolescents. It affects the large skeletal muscles (quadriceps, triceps, back muscles);
- botryoid rhabdomyosarcoma affects the muscle wall of the internal organs (vagina, urine bladder).
Only in Israel
- assistance is provided by experts of global renown;
- there are specialized clinics for the treatment of various types of sarcomas; Diagnosticians and oncologists of Israel know all the peculiarities of this type of tumors;
- they use the most up-to-date diagnostic equipment;
- excellent survival rates and curability of patients;
- all-day care, patient and family support programs.
Causes of rhabdomyosarcoma
Major risk factors contributing to the development of rhabdomyosarcoma:
- the irradiation of a mother or a child, especially during pregnancy;
- concomitant genetic abnormalities as Li-Fraumeni syndrome, albinism or neurofibromatosis. The process is more common for children with a giant melanocytic nevus;
- constant contact with carcinogens (including food) and toxic substances.
Rhabdomyosarcoma usually develops in people with immunodeficiency. People infected with HIV, TB, children with any form of anemia are the most vulnerable. It is necessary to pay attention to the children previously treated with chemotherapy. In some cases, rhabdomyosarcoma develops after leukemia.
Symptoms of rhabdomyosarcoma
- some tumors above the skin surface. They are painless and aren’t red; subdermal formation is dense and elastic;
- after a while, there is some pain due to compression of the nerve endings by growing tumor;
- bleeding and ulceration of sarcoma may occur;
- regional lymph nodes are increased;
- weakness is developing, the body weight is decreasing. There may be some intestinal dysmotility, nausea, loss of appetite.
- unilateral exophthalmos (proptotic eyes) due to the location of rhabdomyosarcoma in the orbit;
- blood-tinged discharges from the ear canal when the tumor is in the middle ear;
- nose bleedings, nasal congestion when the tumor is in the nasal passages;
- scrotal edema, blood in semen;
- blood in the urine, the symptoms of cystitis (painful urination, pain шт lower abdomen) when the urine bladder wall is affected.
The symptoms at different stages of rhabdomyosarcoma:
nearly invisible tumor, no local reactions
visible (subdermal) tumor, some pain, redding
intense pain, enlarged lymph nodes
damage and dysfunction of organs, metastasing
- the main method of rhabdomyosarcoma diagnostics is an MRI. The method allows to precisely localize the process, its relationship with the surrounding structures. Tumor is located deeply in the soft tissues and is not very different from the structure, so radiographic techniques are less effective;
- MSCT for metastases screening and localization;
- PET-CT for the determination of small foci of metastasis;
- Ultrasound is used as a preliminary screening. As a rule, ultrasound is used with Doppler sonography;
- scintigraphy is used for the diagnostics of bone metastases;
- biopsy is used to determine the type of tumor. it does not only confirms the diagnosis, but also affects the intensity and duration of chemotherapy (it determines the invasiveness of the process and makes prognosis);
- searching for tumor markers in the blood helps to confirm the ongoing process if there are difficulties in finding the primary focus.
Methods of rhabdomyosarcoma treatment in Israel
Israeli oncologists achieve excellent results even with common processes (3A-B stage):
- surgical treatment. The entire tumor or most of it is removed (if the complete excision is not possible), as well as regional lymph nodes, and concerned tissues and organs;
- chemotherapy of rhabdomyosarcoma. Israeli chemotherapists use innovative combinations of cytostatics and hormones, that increases the sensitivity of the tumor to treatment. On the 4th stage of the disease it is the main method. Targeted chemotherapy helps to achieve the maximum concentration of drug in the tumor body;
- radiation therapy is applying in 2 months after chemotherapy. The impact is produced on the operated area of the body. With rhabdomyosarcoma of the central nervous system, radiation therapy is applied before chemotherapy;
- transplantation of bone marrow stem cells. It is used due to destroying own stem cells by the necessary for the treatment doses of chemotherapy. When transplantation is possible, your doctor may significantly increase the dosage of chemotherapy drugs with no hesitating of subsequent complications such as aplastic anemia.
After the examination of relatives, it turned out that my brother can be a bone marrow donor. We have conducted stem cell transplantation.
Now the boy is 2 years old, he is often sick, but there are no tumor signs anymore. We take drugs (necessary for normal functioning of the transplanted bone marrow).”
Prediction for patients depends on the process stage. Even at the 4th stage, the five-year survival rate exceeds 30% (alveolar form of the disease). Careful attention to a patient after surgery and intensive chemotherapy allows to achieve full cure in 70% of all patients with rhabdomyosarcoma.
It is recommended to make regular visits to the oncologist (every 2 months during the first year after surgery) and periodic screening of tissues:
- in the area of the removed tumor;
- plain radiography of thoracic organs;
- liver ultrasound.
Two recent studies allow quick identifying metastases in the process expansion.
Cost of rhabdomyosarcoma treatment in Israel
- Prices for cancer center services in Israel are controlled by the state. This allows you to plan ahead the medical tour and optimize costs;
- The cost of treatment is 20% lower than in Switzerland, the USA and Germany (the national average);
- Bookimed company helps to avoid payment of intermediaries, that significantly reduce the overall cost of treatment;
- High level of service due to which the patient and his/her family receive all the necessary support during treatment and the rehabilitation period.
Sheba Medical Center is a unique clinic as it is the only one of all medical centers in Europe and the Middle East, having signed the contract of research and development cooperation with the most famous and respected center of cancer treatment, i.e. American MD Anderson Cancer Center..
Sheba Center of Oncology has all the modern treatment technologies and programs for the patients suffering from the ontological diseases nowadays, as well as the innovative equipment for diagnostics, prevention and treatment of cancer.
What are the diagnostic and treatment procedures of cancer at Sheba Center of Oncology?
Sheba Clinic provides the innovative treatment method of 360° oncology CARE. This is not just the search of efficient methods of cancer treatment, but also the selection of individual treatment program and maximal care for the needs of the patients.
The following comprehensive examinations are appointed for the patient before the treatment in order to put the diagnosis:
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Genetic diagnostics etc.
The individual treatment program is set up after the precise diagnosis is put, including:
- Surgical treatment, i.e. full and partial resections, prosthesis installation, application of the da Vinci Surgical System and the Cyber-Knife System
- Biological therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Immunologic therapy
- Rehabilitation etc.
What is the cost for cancer treatment at Sheba Center of Oncology?
The prices for cancer treatment in Israel are much lower than in Europe or the USA, while the treatment efficiency and service level can be even higher.
The foreign patients can be treated in Sheba Hospital without any agents by virtue of Bookimed service. The treatment program is developed for each patient individually as you can order the treatment program including the exact pricing now!
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.
Dan Carmel Haifa 5*