- Rehabilitation techniques after spinal cord injuries
- Cost of recovery at Walk Again Center
Rehabilitation techniques after spinal cord injuries
- HAL exoskeleton – a robotized device which performs and supports the person’s movements during rehabilitation. It allows to use reverse neuromuscular pathways (which transport signals to the brain during motions);
- Lokomat or a walking robot – an indispensable device for the rehabilitation of patients with walking abnormalities. The system is developed for the training of movements. It backs the walking person and depicts the process on the screen.
- Armeo – a complex which helps to develop locomotor and grasping functions of the hands;
- FES – the impact of low current on the weakened muscles in order to stimulate them;
- therapeutic massages are mainly directed to reduce spasticity (if it exists) and increase muscle tone;
- MOTOmed – an exerciser for both active and passive training of patients even with very weakened limbs;
- Bobath therapy enhances the productivity and mobility of a patient who suffered a spinal injury.
Cost of recovery at Walk Again Center
- The cost outpatient treatment in the Clinic varies from €250 to €880 per day.
- Inpatient stay - €880 per 24 hours (without procedures).
- Rehabilitation methods after spinal cord injuries
- Cost of SCI rehabilitation at Pforzheim Rehabilitation Center
Rehabilitation methods after spinal cord injuries
- verticalizator - a device which helps to gradually adapt the vestibular apparatus to the vertical position. It gives the natural load on the legs, imitates a patient’s steps and prevents bed sores;
- Lokomat – a robotic system training a patient to walk from the very beginning;
- Vektor Gait – a rail system which supports a patient during his/her walking workouts;
- I.N.P.U.T. – a unique complex elaborated in Pforzheim Rehabilitation Center and directed to renew the lost motor skills. It combines bobath approach, manual therapy and other medical innovations;
- Constraint-induced Movement Therapy (CIMT) – a technique which restores the mobility of one limb through immobilization of another one;
- hippotherapy – a therapeutic horse-riding which strengthens the weakened muscles and joints.
Cost of SCI rehabilitation at Pforzheim Rehabilitation Center
The cost of recovery in the Center starts from €3,200 per 7 days. The sum includes classes with personal instructor, procedures, meals and accommodation for a patient and his/her attendant.