- Why is Dortmund Clinic one of the leaders in the treatment of prostate cancer?
- How is prostate cancer diagnosed in the clinic?
- How does the process of prostate cancer therapy occur?
- How much does the treatment in Dortmund cost?
Why is Dortmund Clinic one of the leaders in the treatment of prostate cancer?
After the removal of prostate malignancy by classical surgery the patient usually suffers from impotence. Dortmund Prostate Center is a specialized Department of the German clinic. Here the surgeons operate with the assistance of the da Vinci robot that in most cases helps to maintain the sexual function of the patient.
The University Hospital Dortmund is the academic training facility of the University of Münster. Thanks to its status the center conducts a lot of scientific researches and develops effective methods for cancer treatment.
This medical institution is certified by the German Cancer Society (DKG). The Center was the first in the country to be accredited by DKG (in 2008). It is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Priv.-Doс. Burkhard Ubrig. In 2013 the Dortmund Clinic was attributed to the category of the best medical centers for cancer treatment by the German magazine Focus.
Dortmund Clinic has specialized oncological Department, which diagnostic equipment and experience of the doctors directed at the patients with prostate cancer.
Diagnostics of the patients in Dortmund Clinic:
- History taking, analysis of genetic predisposition to oncological diseases;
- Digital rectal examination;
- TRUS combined with biopsy to confirm the 100% diagnosis;
- Abdominal ultrasound, CT, MRI, PET-CT (for the detection of metastases);
- Laboratory examination of blood, test for tumor markers (PSA).
Modern diagnostic base of the Hospital allows to put a diagnosis with 99% probability.
How does the process of prostate cancer therapy occur?
Every particular case requires an individual medical strategy controlled by the oncologists, urologists and surgeons. We should admit that the technical base in Dortmund Hospital allows to apply all existing therapies increasing the chances of survival even for the patients at the 4th stage of cancer.
- Laparoscopic prostatectomy is a minimally invasive surgery with the use of the Da Vinci S HD robot. It reduces the duration of the operation and minimizes the risk of complications;
- Pharmacotherapy and hormone therapy (for the treatment of hormone-dependent tumors);
- Transurethral Resection of Prostate (TURP) is the way of removal of the prostate tissues without external incisions;
- Palliative medicine;
- Radiation therapy of modulated intensity (the method of radiotherapy with minimized impact on healthy tissues);
- Percutaneous radiotherapy on linear accelerators (a classical method).
How much does the treatment in Dortmund cost?
- The cost of the robotized da Vinci surgeon starts from 16,950€;
- The price of surgery may exceed the cost in other clinics in Germany by 10% due to the hospital investments in modern equipment.
Order an individual treatment program with a list of necessary procedures on Bookimed.