Why Solingen Clinic is recommended to the patients with cancer?
Solingen University Hospital (located at International University of Cologne) uses innovative protocols of chemotherapy, reducing the risk of recurrence and improves drug tolerance. Wide usage of radiosurgery and endoscopy make patients recover more quickly and leave less cosmetic defects after surgery.
Oncology Service is headed by Dr. Peter Emshermann, the world-known oncosurgeon. There are narrow specialists (oncosurgeons and chemotherapists) for tumors of any origin and localization.
Integrated oncology diagnostics in Solingen
- High-field MRI (of 1.5 T capacity) capable of detecting a tumor of the size of 1 mm;
- PET-CT and MSCT allow oncologists to find metastases in any place of the body;
- ductography, mammography, breast ultrasound are used for rapid diagnostics of breast cancer;
- biopsy, including evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes for determination the type of tumor and treatment tactics;
- determination of tumor markers, analysis of biomedical measurement
- biochemical analysis of indicators of cellular blood composition, urine and liquor.
Main types of medical aid in Solingen Oncology
- pancreatic head resection including preservation of the spleen and the pylorus;
- resection of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands;
- liver cancer and biliary tract cancer surgeries;
- basal cell carcinoma removal, surgical treatment of squamous cell carcinoma;
- rapid diagnostics and removal of melanomas and potentially malignant naevi;
- treatment of cervical and uterine cancers;
- all types of mastectomy with simultaneous breast reconstruction;
- radiofrequency ablation of brain tumors by means of the CyberKnife system.
What is the cost of cancer treatment in German Solingen Clinic for foreign patients?
In Solingen Clinic, a foreign patient pays as much as a German citizen does. Only few medical institutions in Germany conduct the same price policy in relation to patients from other countries. The rest of the hospitals offer medical tourists the prices, that can differ even in times. Find out the exact cost of cancer treatment in the clinic of Solingen right now by ordering an individual treatment program at the International patients support center Bookimed.
- Diagnostics of the pancreatic cancer
- The treatment cost in Germany at Asklepios hospital
- Pancreatic cancer treatment methods
Asklepios group of hospitals is one of the national leaders in digestive system oncologic pathologies treatment. The departments for oncologic surgery apply the advanced treatment methods and access techniques. The surgeries are held under the guidance of the world-known professionals, such as Dr. Axel Stang MD and Dr. Siegbert Faiss MD.
What are the diagnostic procedures of this disease?
- The doctor examines and interviews the patient;
- The patient passes the blood testing for the tumor markers;
- MRI, ultrasound (incl. Endoscopic EUS) and abdominal CT is held;
- PET detects the small hearths and metastases;
- Percutaneous biopsy of the suspected sites by fine needle;
- Laparocentesis to detect the abnormal cells.
What is the cost for pancreatic cancer treatment at Asklepios hospitals?
The list of the examinations might be significantly expanded as the tumors of such a localization tend to rapid metastasizing. The cost for treatment and diagnostics as well as the preliminary treatment plan and precise prices are available on Bookimed website.
Pancreatic cancer treatment in Germany
The main treatment method is the removal of the pancreatic head along with the affected surrounding tissues. This part of body is supplied by blood very well; hence, the metastases rapidly spread and occupy the intestine, stomach and regional lymph nodes. These structures are removed during the surgery followed by the immediate reconstruction of the digestive system.
The following procedures are appointed to prevent the relapse:
- Chemotherapy to destroy the small hearths and limit the process progress;
- Radiotherapy to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and to reduce the inflammation and pain;
- Immunocorrectors to restore the immunity and to destroy the rests of the cancer cells.
Treatment of cancer pathology is performed in seven Charite Clinics united into one integrated Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center. Center is under the direction of Professor Ulrich Keilholz is one of the most famous and respected oncologists in Europe. The Centre includes the most innovative and professional modern equipment for the treatment of cancer, such as CyberKnife, linear accelerators, etc. Accurate diagnosis, individual approach to each patient and medical case allow disclosing the early stages of oncology, making each procedure or operation unique, quality and corresponding to the highest world standards.