- Professional oncologists at Helios Medical Center
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer
- Cost for treatment of oncologic diseases in Germany
Why Helios Medical Center is considered one of the leading in oncologic diseases treatment in Germany?
- Acute leukemia
- Melanoma, i.e. skin cancer
- Lymphogranulomatosis, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Tumors in the nervous and endocrine systems
- Breast cancer
- Tumors in the digestive system
About 10 thousand patients go for diagnostics and get the treatment program at Helios Center of Oncology annually, while over 3 thousand get ambulatory treatment.
How do the experts operate at Helios Medical Center?
Professor Wolf-Dieter Ludwig manages Helios Center of Oncology, being the expert in diagnostics and treatment of various kinds of cancer and other oncologic pathologies. Qualified oncologists are among the Medical Center staff, having many years of work experience and applying the modern comprehensive methods of treatment.
What do the cancer diagnostics and treatment include?
Diagnostics at the early stages is able to increase significantly the treatment efficiency; therefore, Helios Medical Centers are fitted with all the required modern equipment for qualitative and precise examinations. The patient gets the required treatment when the diagnosis is put. Helios Center of Oncology provides the interdisciplinary therapy as well. The following diagnostic and treatment procedures are among standard ones:
- Biochemical blood test + tumor markers testing
- CT, MRI, PET-CT
- Surgery by Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife and robotic surgical system, i.e. the da Vinci etc.
- Chemotherapy modern methods
- Hormone therapy
- Bio and immunologic therapy
What is the cost for treatment for the foreign patients at Helios Medical Center?
The prices for cancer treatment in Germany are justified by the medicine level and the treatment efficiency. Every patient can pay for the medical services directly to the account of the Medical center with no commissions for agents by virtue of Bookimed service. You can order the treatment program including the pricing now!
- Methods of oncologic diseases treatment
- Oncologists of Vivantes Medical Centers
- Cost for cancer treatment in Germany
Why are Vivantes Medical Centers some of the best on cancer treatment in Germany?
The treatment of cancer in Germany means the good chances to save lives of many patients from all over the world. Vivantes medical network is one of the largest medical groups in Europe, having four Departments of Oncology, admitting over 14,000 patients from all over the world annually. The modern equipment, the advanced diagnostic and treatment methods, as certainly high-qualified experts in oncology with many years of experience guarantee the efficient treatment of cancer. Vivantes Spandau, one of the biggest centers of oncology in Germany, is in the number of the medical centers of Vivantes.
What are the treatment methods of oncologic diseases applied at Vivantes Medical Centers?
Vivantes centers of oncology apply the modern equipment for diagnostics and treatment of the patients suffering from the latter cancer stages. The medical centers provide:
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Transfusion medicine
- Biological therapy
- Hormonal therapy
- Substitutional therapy
- Palliative therapy
- Immunologic therapy
- Aspirational cytology etc.
Who are the oncologists at Vivantes Medical Centers?
Over 100 professional doctors provide the treatment of oncologic diseases at Vivantes Medical Centers. The treating doctor is consulted by the group of expert colleagues while working with every patient, resulting in unique efficient treatment program for the patient. One of the leading oncologists in Germany Prof. Ernst Spät-Schwalbe has managed Spandau Medical Center since 2001.
What is the cost of cancer treatment at Vivantes Medical Centers?
The cost for treatment of various kinds of cancer is significantly lower at Vivantes Medical Centers in Germany in comparison with Switzerland, Great Britain or the USA. By virtue of Bookimed website, patients from all over the world can pay for the medical services without any agents directly to the account of the Clinic. You can get the treatment program including the pricing now!
Why Solingen Clinic is recommended to the patients with cancer?
Solingen University Hospital (located at International University of Cologne) uses innovative protocols of chemotherapy, reducing the risk of recurrence and improves drug tolerance. Wide usage of radiosurgery and endoscopy make patients recover more quickly and leave less cosmetic defects after surgery.
Oncology Service is headed by Dr. Peter Emshermann, the world-known oncosurgeon. There are narrow specialists (oncosurgeons and chemotherapists) for tumors of any origin and localization.
Integrated oncology diagnostics in Solingen
- High-field MRI (of 1.5 T capacity) capable of detecting a tumor of the size of 1 mm;
- PET-CT and MSCT allow oncologists to find metastases in any place of the body;
- ductography, mammography, breast ultrasound are used for rapid diagnostics of breast cancer;
- biopsy, including evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes for determination the type of tumor and treatment tactics;
- determination of tumor markers, analysis of biomedical measurement
- biochemical analysis of indicators of cellular blood composition, urine and liquor.
Main types of medical aid in Solingen Oncology
- pancreatic head resection including preservation of the spleen and the pylorus;
- resection of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands;
- liver cancer and biliary tract cancer surgeries;
- basal cell carcinoma removal, surgical treatment of squamous cell carcinoma;
- rapid diagnostics and removal of melanomas and potentially malignant naevi;
- treatment of cervical and uterine cancers;
- all types of mastectomy with simultaneous breast reconstruction;
- radiofrequency ablation of brain tumors by means of the CyberKnife system.
What is the cost of cancer treatment in German Solingen Clinic for foreign patients?
In Solingen Clinic, a foreign patient pays as much as a German citizen does. Only few medical institutions in Germany conduct the same price policy in relation to patients from other countries. The rest of the hospitals offer medical tourists the prices, that can differ even in times. Find out the exact cost of cancer treatment in the clinic of Solingen right now by ordering an individual treatment program at the International patients support center Bookimed.
Treatment of skin cancer in Germany
Skin cancer occurs when uncontrolled division of cells of the epidermis is taking place, forming the tumor tissue. This carcinoma makes up not less than 5% of oncological diseases, so it takes the first place in the incidence rate. The tumor appears on the face, hands, feet or underarms and can be of different shapes and colors.
Depending on the layer of the affected epidermis, the following kinds of the disease are distinguished:
- squamous cell carcinoma affects the cover layer;
- basal cell carcinoma affects the deep layer;
- melanoma appears on the pigmented areas of the epidermis.
Basal cell carcinoma is found in 90% of cases, the most dangerous and aggressive form is melanoma. There are also other rare forms such as Merkel cell carcinoma, sebaceous carcinoma and exocrine cancer.
Cancer of the skin is extent for both men and women. Age group of 50 years and above is the most vulnerable. This cancer pathology is characterized by the degree of the patient's survival rate of 95% and above.
Only in Germany:
- Diagnostics by means of videomicroscopy
- Carcinoma removal with the help of the Moose method
- Plastic surgery in rehabilitation
Causes of development and risk factors
The causes of disease have not been clarified till the end yet. Most often it occurs in genetically predisposed people with the background of the precancerous diseases:
- xeroderma pigmentosum;
- erythroplasia of Queyrat;
- Bowen's disease;
- Paget's disease.
- rankling ulcers;
- inflammation in the dermis.
Factors, increasing the probability of its occurrence, include:
- increased impact of solar radiation;
- ionizing radiation;
- benign skin formations;
- permanent contact with some chemical agents (arsenic, carbon, paraffin,etc.).
This disease most often affects people with blond or red hair and light skin.
Symptoms of the disease
At the beginning of its development, pathology manifests itself in the form of painless pale pink skin nodules, sometimes with colored edges. They grow rapidly and ulcerate. Ulcers have raised and tightened borders and a dim-gray bottom. Superficial veins are expanded in the area of their formation. At later stages there is metastasizing in neighboring lymph nodes and other organs.
It must be remembered that any formation of the epidermis, not healing for a long time, can be a sign of a starting cancerous process. Therefore, after its appearance, it is important to consult a doctor immediately.
Melanoma diagnostics in Germany
The oncologists in German clinics conduct the accurate diagnostics of skin cancer on the basis of the series of medical tests. The initial step of the diagnostic procedures is the direct study of cutaneous carcinomas:
- Visual inspection with a magnifying lens.
- Scintigraphy is the examination of tumors with the help of radioactive isotopes.
- Videomicroscopy is the inspection with the video microscope that magnifies the image 80 times and sends the results to the computer screen.
- Microdermoscopy is the examination by means of a special device dermatoscope.
- Biopsy is the analysis of preliminary taken out carcinoma tissues for the presence of cancer cells in them. This type is considered as the most accurate method to determine their malignancy.
If the malignancy of formation is confirmed, German medical institutions conduct the additional tests to determine the stage of the disease and the degree of carcinoma aggressiveness:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is providing an image of the internal organs with the help of a magnetic field.
- Positron emission tomography (PET) is the examination of the internal organs with the help of radioactive isotopes.
- Computed tomography (CT) is X-ray examination of melanoma, that transferring the results to the computer.
The following laboratory tests are conducted:
- serologic examination of the liver.
- blood test:
- for tumor markers on specific S-10 and TA-90;
- lipemic index: levels of cholesterin, triglycerid, etc.;
- electrolytic composition;
- coagulation profile of thrombosis.
After diagnostic procedures, the German doctors make the final diagnosis and prescribe a course of curative interventions.
Methods of skin cancer treatment in Germany
German hospital use a variety of medical procedures, choosing them for each patient individually. They include: surgeries:
- curettage – scraping by means of a special tool curette. It is used for tumor formation of small size;
- simple excision – removing by means of a scalpel. The edges of the wound are treated with electric current to stop the bleeding. The affected area is removed with a part of healthy tissues;
- Mohs surgery – layer-by-layer excision with their further testing on cancer cells. This surgery is considered to be the most effective surgery.
- in combination with gamma-ray teletherapy – is the impact with the waves of different lengths on melanoma;
- with the introduction of radioactive needles – is a combination of general and local exposures;
- laser therapy is evaporating liquid tumor cells with a laser beam.
- cryosurgery is freezing the affected area with liquid nitrogen. The liquid crystallizes in tumor tissues and damages their covering;
- chemotherapy is an administration of highly toxic agents to tumor tissue. The drugs are applied to the surface as a cream or administered by injection.
- immunotherapy is an activation of the patient's immunity with the help of the drugs.
In some cases the following procedures are applied:
- chemical removal is an injection of neoplasm agents with acids or alkali into tissue. They destroy the affected tissues, making the removal of the tumor quite easy.
- photodynamic therapy is an administration the photosensitive substances into the body with their following accumulation in the tumor. Thereafter, the malignant cells are destroyed by the light source.
Stages of skin cancer
close-focus roentgen therapy, laser therapy, cryotherapy, surgical excision
surgical excision, immunotherapy
surgical removal of the tumor and affected lymph nodes, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, chemotherapy
Patient review on the treatment of skin cancer in Germany
“I was treating basalioma in a German clinic. My recollections were incredible. Local doctors are true professionals, ШI was feeling their professional competence at all levels. In addition to treatment and diagnostics I’d like to admit the excellent service for the entire time in the clinic.
Great coordinator found us immediately, they helped us with every issue either of treatment or living. Besides, we were settled to the nice hotel and, if necessary, ensured transfer to the clinic. In addition to the treatment I always felt attention and care on the part of the staff. All that I can say about German doctors - many thanks to them”!
Ludmila, St. Petersburg
Rehabilitation and prevention of complications
Medical activities, which are used in German clinics, are minimally invasive and do not require special recovery. However, surgeries are followed with post-surgical scars in some cases. German doctors offer the range of plastic surgery services to correct the defects and restore the integrity and beauty of the skin.
Preventive measures against recurrence consist of annual visits to a dermatologist and appeals to the doctor if any skin neoformation are noticed.
Сost of treatment in Germany
The cost of skin cancer treatment in Germany depends on its progress, phase, aggressiveness and individual patient characteristics. For more information, please contact the specialists of the international patient support center Bookimed.
|Identification of tumor markers||from 500 to 800€||from 450 to 700$||from 500 to 800€||from 200 to 400$||from 300 to 600$|
|Biopsy "sentinel" lymph nodes||from 12000 to 16000€||from 11000 to 13500$||from 12000 to 16000€||from 4000 to 6000$||from 7000 to 9000$|
|Melanoma surgery||from 5000 to 15000€||from 3000 to 10000$||from 5000 to 15000€||from 2000 to 7000$||from 3000 to 10000$|
The Department for Dermatology, Allergology and Venereology of Charité Medical Center, staffed by more than eighty highly qualified doctors, operates under the management of the most famous
European oncologic dermatologists PhD Prof. Wolfram Sterry MD and PhD Prof. Torsten Zuberbier MD. The multidisciplinary team of the center operates in surgical and non-surgical melanoma treatment. The treatment plan is developed personally for each patient only. Charité Department for Dermatology is equipped by the most modern facilities and is world-known by its own research developments of melanoma treatment, increasing the survival rate up to 90% for the patients with such a diagnosis. One of the best professionals in melanoma treatment by MOHS method is Prof. Dr. Eggert Stockfleth, who provides daily surgeries at Charité.
The following procedures are held for melanoma diagnostics at Charité:
- dermatoscopic luminiscence by a special micsroscope connected to the PC;
- neoplasm biopsy for hystological analysis;
- MRI, multilayer CT, PET-CT to detect the oncologic process progress in the body.
The total cost of diagnostics starts from 3,500 USD.
Such options for melanoma treatment are practiced at Charité:
- surgical, i.e. wide excision of the tumor and the tissue around it layer by layer under microscopic control of tissue intactness;
- cryodestruction by the liquid nitrogen;
- lazer destruction;
- photodynamic treatment by the intravenous medicine administration;
- immunologic therapy and adoptive immunotherapy by immune effector cells;
- chemotherapy by anticancer medicines;
- radiation therapy;
- gene therapy.
The MOHS method is worth of being noted as it is one of the most sparing and precise methods of melanoma surgery under local anesthesia nowadays. The doctors provide the restoring plastic surgery of tissue defects after the melanoma removal.
The post-surgical course of immunotherapy is obligatory as well.
- The diagnostic methods of melanoma at Munich University Hospital
- The cost of melanoma diagnostics at Munich University Hospital
- The melanoma treatment methods at Munich University Hospital
Why is Munich University Hospital the leading center in melanoma treatment?
The Department for Oncology of Munich University Hospital is leading in molecular oncology, stem cells biology and cell technologies, methods of multiple melanoma and sarcoma treatment. Due to synthesis of accurate and rapid diagnostics followed by reliable and efficient melanoma treatment methods at Munich University Hospital, 95% of patients with such a diagnosis fully recover. In case when the disease is diagnosed at the early stage, the rate of recovered patients is even higher and goes up to 97%. The survival rate in more complicated cases is about 85%.
What doctors are the experts in melanoma treatment at Munich University Hospital?
Two of the most respected doctors all over Europe and the world carries out the melanoma treatment here, i.e. Christian Kunte and Christian Schneider. They were granted the Georg Heberer Award for their unique developments and treatment methods of malignant melanoma. This is one of the most significant international awards for achievements in surgery and medical researches.
The following methods are applied under the melanoma diagnostics at Munich University Hospital:
All these methods enable the detection of such details of the problem that it may substitue the excisional biopsy. The following methods are applied in case of the process generalizing:
- CT, PET-CT, MRI, radionuclide scanning.
What is the cost of melanoma diagnostics at Munich University Hospital?
The detailed blood testing is obligatory. The total cost starts from 3,500 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the melanoma treatment methods at Munich University Hospital?
- 1st stage: neoplasm and little volume of healthy skin surgical removal;
- 2nd stage: when the melanoma is 2 mm and more thick, then the healthy skin of 2 cm from all sides is removed as well. The biopsy of regional lymph node i recommended;
- 3rd stage: surgical treatment combined with wide excision of the primary tumor and lymphadenectomy;
- 4th stage: chemo and radiotherapy are combined with the surgery.
The melanoma treatment at Munich University Hospital is also held by cryodestruction (tumor freezing), lazer destruction and photodynamic therapy. The innovative radiosurgical methods are also successfully used, i.e. cyber knife and gamma knife.