- Professional oncologists at Helios Medical Center
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer
- Cost for treatment of oncologic diseases in Germany
Why Helios Medical Center is considered one of the leading in oncologic diseases treatment in Germany?
- Acute leukemia
- Melanoma, i.e. skin cancer
- Lymphogranulomatosis, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Tumors in the nervous and endocrine systems
- Breast cancer
- Tumors in the digestive system
About 10 thousand patients go for diagnostics and get the treatment program at Helios Center of Oncology annually, while over 3 thousand get ambulatory treatment.
How do the experts operate at Helios Medical Center?
Professor Wolf-Dieter Ludwig manages Helios Center of Oncology, being the expert in diagnostics and treatment of various kinds of cancer and other oncologic pathologies. Qualified oncologists are among the Medical Center staff, having many years of work experience and applying the modern comprehensive methods of treatment.
What do the cancer diagnostics and treatment include?
Diagnostics at the early stages is able to increase significantly the treatment efficiency; therefore, Helios Medical Centers are fitted with all the required modern equipment for qualitative and precise examinations. The patient gets the required treatment when the diagnosis is put. Helios Center of Oncology provides the interdisciplinary therapy as well. The following diagnostic and treatment procedures are among standard ones:
- Biochemical blood test + tumor markers testing
- CT, MRI, PET-CT
- Surgery by Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife and robotic surgical system, i.e. the da Vinci etc.
- Chemotherapy modern methods
- Hormone therapy
- Bio and immunologic therapy
What is the cost for treatment for the foreign patients at Helios Medical Center?
The prices for cancer treatment in Germany are justified by the medicine level and the treatment efficiency. Every patient can pay for the medical services directly to the account of the Medical center with no commissions for agents by virtue of Bookimed service. You can order the treatment program including the pricing now!
- How is the accurate diagnosis of liver cancer determined in the German clinic?
- The range of possible methods for treatment of liver cancer at Vivantes
- Palliative medicine and psychological rehabilitation of patients at the last stages of cancer
- What is the cost of liver cancer treatment in Vivantes Hospital?
Oncological center Vivantes Nord maintains leading positions among the German clinics. It has achieved the world’s recognition and is accredited by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO).
More than 14,000 patients annually seek treatment for cancer diagnosis in the Departments of specialized clinics in Viivantes.
This German medical network includes 9 multidisciplinary clinics with a separated medical center for oncology located in Berlin.
How is the accurate diagnosis of liver cancer determined in the German clinic?
To determine the accurate diagnosis the doctors carry out the complex of examinations:
- blood test for alfa-fetoprotein;
The final conclusion about the liver malignancy may be drawn relying on the results of liver biopsy.
The range of possible methods for treatment of liver cancer at Vivantes
Liver is an organ which is able to regenerate itself up to 2/3 of volume. Therefore Nord specialists often uses resection to fight the tumor. If the operation is impossible the clinic applies minimally invasive techniques of:
- injection of ethanol;
- proton therapy and therapy with heavy ions.
Besides the clinic conducts organ transplantation. Transplantation is carried out both from the living donor (mainly a relative) and the deceased. The operation on graft capturing lasts up to 8 hours, the “installation” of liver share to the recipient – 8-12 hours. The statistics of successful organ transplantation in Vivantes is more than 90%.
Palliative medicine and psychological rehabilitation of patients at the last stages of cancer
Nord also has a sufficient basis to support the patients with advanced cancer. With the help of the innovational SIRT method German specialists successfully prolongs lives of the patients with the 4th stage from several months to one year. For special complicated cases apart from the treatment they offer an individual plan of pastime based on the patient’s wishes.
The team of nutritionists, rehabilitation specialists, psycooncologists and psychotherapists works here to ensure the quickest recovery of the organism.
What is the cost of liver cancer treatment in Vivantes Hospital?
Your expenditure for the procedures and medication will be about 20,000- 50,000€. The total sum is affected by the number of appointed procedures, the examinations which should be passed by the patient, the term and conditions of hospital stay. Ask the coordinator of International patients support center Bookimed for the exact price and the preliminary action plan for the treatment.
Why Solingen Clinic is recommended to the patients with cancer?
Solingen University Hospital (located at International University of Cologne) uses innovative protocols of chemotherapy, reducing the risk of recurrence and improves drug tolerance. Wide usage of radiosurgery and endoscopy make patients recover more quickly and leave less cosmetic defects after surgery.
Oncology Service is headed by Dr. Peter Emshermann, the world-known oncosurgeon. There are narrow specialists (oncosurgeons and chemotherapists) for tumors of any origin and localization.
Integrated oncology diagnostics in Solingen
- High-field MRI (of 1.5 T capacity) capable of detecting a tumor of the size of 1 mm;
- PET-CT and MSCT allow oncologists to find metastases in any place of the body;
- ductography, mammography, breast ultrasound are used for rapid diagnostics of breast cancer;
- biopsy, including evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes for determination the type of tumor and treatment tactics;
- determination of tumor markers, analysis of biomedical measurement
- biochemical analysis of indicators of cellular blood composition, urine and liquor.
Main types of medical aid in Solingen Oncology
- pancreatic head resection including preservation of the spleen and the pylorus;
- resection of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands;
- liver cancer and biliary tract cancer surgeries;
- basal cell carcinoma removal, surgical treatment of squamous cell carcinoma;
- rapid diagnostics and removal of melanomas and potentially malignant naevi;
- treatment of cervical and uterine cancers;
- all types of mastectomy with simultaneous breast reconstruction;
- radiofrequency ablation of brain tumors by means of the CyberKnife system.
What is the cost of cancer treatment in German Solingen Clinic for foreign patients?
In Solingen Clinic, a foreign patient pays as much as a German citizen does. Only few medical institutions in Germany conduct the same price policy in relation to patients from other countries. The rest of the hospitals offer medical tourists the prices, that can differ even in times. Find out the exact cost of cancer treatment in the clinic of Solingen right now by ordering an individual treatment program at the International patients support center Bookimed.
Treatment of cancer pathology is performed in seven Charite Clinics united into one integrated Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center. Center is under the direction of Professor Ulrich Keilholz is one of the most famous and respected oncologists in Europe. The Centre includes the most innovative and professional modern equipment for the treatment of cancer, such as CyberKnife, linear accelerators, etc. Accurate diagnosis, individual approach to each patient and medical case allow disclosing the early stages of oncology, making each procedure or operation unique, quality and corresponding to the highest world standards.
- Why do the patients with liver cancer prefer treatment in Asklepios Clinic?
- Methods of diagnostics to confirm liver cancer diagnosis in the Clinic
- Features of the liver cancer treatment in Asklepios
- Price policy for the treatment at Askplepios Center
Why do the patients with liver cancer prefer treatment in Asklepios Clinic?
International Medical Association Asklepios conducts diagnostics and treatment of liver malignancies in the Department of General and Visceral Surgery. The Department also cures pancreas, biliary tracts, infectious diseases of the abdominal cavity.
Asklepios is visited by more than 70,000 patients from different countries annually (each fifth patient is diagnosed with oncological pathology).
Oncological treatment implies the creation of individual programs with the involvement of a multidisciplinary medical consultation: oncologists, specialists in radiation and chemotherapy, gastroenterologists.
Methods of diagnostics to confirm liver cancer diagnosis in the Clinic
- Laboratory tests: general, complete and biochemical blood count, cancer markers: AFP, CA 15-3, CA 19-9, CA 72-4;
- Ultrasound diagnostics allows to make a detailed examination of the liver;
- Endosonography allows to visualize the presence of changes in the organ and conduct material samplings for histological examination;
- Fluoroscopy allows to see the state of the intrahepatic vessels;
- Scan of the body by MRI and CT.
Features of the liver cancer treatment in Asklepios
- Clinical Association Asklepios applies the ultramodern method of liver cancer treatment – chemosaturation. The method consists in a localized direction of large doses of chemotherapy agents. Chemotherapy differs fundamentally from the standard protocols of chemotherapy as it allows to affect directly the focus that excludes damage of the healthy cells and tissues.
- Technology SIRT-internal radiation allows to reduce the size of the tumor and to suppress the development of metastasis to prevent the relapses.
- Ablation is the destruction of the tumor without scalpel conducted through freezing or introduction of alcohol and embolization.
- Laparoscopic resection of the liver lobe. In difficult cases the physicians conduct hepatectomy, i.e. the complete liver removal followed by autotransplantation of the liver or by the obtainment of the donor organ from a blood relative.
- Innovative device Cyber-knife for the excision of liver metastases.
Price policy for the treatment at Askplepios Center
- Prices for diagnostic measures start from 1,500€;
- The cost of 1 chemotherapy course is from 1,500€;
- The consultant of International Patient Support Center Bookimed will provide you with the accurate information about the cost of treatment and its organization. Make your request right now!