- Why should patients choose UH Essen for bone marrow transplant?
- Who perform BMT in Essen Clinic?
- What is the cost for BMT is Essen Hospital, Germany?
The University Hospital of Essen is the largest Clinic in the area of Ruhr Metropolitan Region, providing medical care, advanced diagnostics and complex cure according to the international standards since 1963.
- BMT as a treatment of leukemia, lymphoma, and myelomatosis;
- surgeries on allogeneic transplants of stem cells in older patients;
- allogeneic transplantations with partially identical donors;
- optimization of donor searching (Essen works with the biggest Bank of donors in Europe);
- methods of transplant modification.
- allogeneic transplantations (with the cells of a donor - relative or matched): 176;
- autologous transplants (with the own cells of a patient): 14.
Who perform BMT in Essen Clinic?
A team of experienced and trained transplant surgeons in Essen consists of 14 physicians headed by Prof. Dietrich W. Beelen, one of the leading transplant specialists in Germany. Pr. Beelen is awarded with prestigious prize named after Karl-Heinrich Bauer for his work in the field of stem cell transplant.
What is the cost for BMT is Essen Hospital, Germany?
- Adult autologous transplantations: approx. €100,000-130,000.
- Adult allogeneic transplants (from related donor): from €150,000 to €220,000.
- Adult allogeneic transplants (from unrelated donor): €250,000.
- Autologous transplants for children: €130,000-150,000.
- Pediatric allogeneic transplants (from related donor): €220,000-250,000.
- Pediatric allogeneic transplants (from unrelated donor): more than €350,000.
An exact price varies on each individual case and bone marrow transplant donor (is it related/unrelated donor or a patient by him/herself. You may find out all the options for BMT in Germany and other countries, just leaving a quote on Bookimed web-site.